Seen b4, but still great!

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Ok im sure people have seen this before, but i just came across it again and still think its amazing, ill let the pics speak for themselves!!

volkswagen_passat_01.jpg

volkswagen_passat_02.jpg

volkswagen_passat_03.jpg

volkswagen_passat_04.jpg

volkswagen_passat_05.jpg

thats the kind of thing theyre going for with the "micrawave" but only a BBQ. I think someone posted this on old forums n one of a 306 with loads of ICe in it

saw it a while back think looks amazing, guy on corsasport was selling a corsa 1 for £150 a while back

Fact: you should only ever have abouy 50KG of weight on a rear toebar. That trailer would be hideiously front heavy and would really upset the balance of the car.. It would I suspect be considered seriously non UK road worthy! does look cool though

Ed said:
Fact: you should only ever have abouy 50KG of weight on a rear toebar. That trailer would be hideiously front heavy and would really upset the balance of the car.. It would I suspect be considered seriously non UK road worthy! does look cool though

what about caravans etc?

Big_ben said:
Ed said:

what about caravans etc?

Caravans have their wheels in the middle so are more balanced evenly, however not so sure on the 50kg bit. Caravans weigh much more than that anyway and there isn't nothing illegal about towing one of them!!!

It's supposed to be about 10-15% of the weight of the trailer that should be on the hitch. More than that and the towing vehicle won't break or steer properly, and less causes the trailer to want to snake all over the shop. Then there is the maximum that the towing vehicle can take as well... but that Passat does look dodgy... I know you can get things that allow you to tow funny trailers behind cars that kind of work like a tractor 3 point hitch but that doesn't look like it has one.

Yeah ive seen that before too, theres more pix of it somewhere, i know ive seen them somewhere, thought it was here!

Actually, it MUST have been here!

micra marvin from the netherlands and it was on the old forums

thats observational skills is that :D

ir u look at that, the trailor part seems to be pointing more towards the ground than the car if u know what i mean

yeah, its not exactly horizontal, but you cant expect it to be perfect, i would guess that its hard to line it all up perfectly and still keep it strong.
The VW is very well done though!

Back