Great buy

S

stevenb

Well, I was sorting out the ex's car for disposal being old and ready for the car heavens when by chance I thought I'd browse through the local paper for a Micra.
My Father has been after one for a while but not many decent ones about for the budget we had.
Anyhow I saw a k11 '93 1.3 lx boasting low miles (60k) 6 months t&t and 1 owner from new.
I went to see it instantly and well....it was nice.
Metallic Grey, sunroof, 8 months tax and 7 mot...not 6.
fully stamped service book and every single piece of work with all receipts to prove. all mots since new. all the owners books and stereo pass code original keys and 'Nissan' keyring. original number plates with dealership details on them.
still got the original plastic wheel trims.
couple of slight scuffs on the black bumper but not noticeable really.
very clean inside too.

took it for a test drive....great....did all that it should.
called my dad.....told him about this bargain.
it was up for £595....I got it for £500.
Ok...some micras might have been bought for less but I still think that for £500 it was a steal....no other small car to compare really.
My father saw it for the first time when he collected in last night....he was well chuffed.
One very happy pappy.:laugh:
Even I enjoyed taking it for another drive again tonight.:love:

It'll get very well cared for....
So here's to many happy years of future Micra ownership.

Steve

I have sent him the link.

Will he be the oldest Micra forum user at 54? :laugh:

Steve

I went to school in Sittingbourne though :p

And I got a B in French for GCSE, I just never really "clicked" like rallybunny lol

Sounds much sexier than Sixtysomething! Kinda James Bond-like ...The real one of course, not the fresh-faced upstart from that boy-band whose doing it now. Or was that Robbie Williams? [takes Sanatogen and goes for lie-down, probably being oldest girlie on the site]

very nice find mate

Thanks mate.
We are going to give the car another check over today. Tighten any wheel bolts that need doing, check fluids again etc.
Dad said he'll try and fix the resistor card that controls the speed settings on the blower too.
Soixantaine has very kindly sorted a cracking stereo offer for us too.
Thanks again to him for that.

I'll get my father to join up.....the info we've obtained so far has been very useful indeed.

Steve

Well thanks to a forum member I have now sorted the stereo code and all is working with it just fine. :cool:
The car had a very thorough clean today.
It got cleaned under the bonnet.......looks like it left the factory......WD40 and a rag and plenty of elbow grease......I can't believe it's a 13 year old car.....
I cleared all the drain holes of debris (not too much luckily).
The bumpers were cleaned and the plastic door trims.
Then the car was washed.
Looks soooo nice.
Even the little stone chip in the headlight (not in the beam area luckily) was fixed with a little bit of silicon seal. Hopefully the condensatyion will get burned away by the heat of the light now. :cool:
It just needs a bit of a hoover and then a good polish inside and it'll be minty mint.
Sorted all the tyre pressures all round too.
Very very pleased.

I'll get my dad to take some pics of it tomorrow.
bearing in mind it isn't modified in any way....just totally stock....:laugh: ....so it might not match the looks of some of the other k11's on here.

Just noticed today that the sunroof is a factoy fit tilt/slide. and combined with the metallic paint (Grey) they must have been optional extras when the car was bought.:love:

Back