Seatbelt clasp for a L reg Micra?

OK, so iv got a L reg Nissan Micra 1.0L 'Dot'. I believe this is a mark 2 / K11 model.

Iv got my MOT coming up at the end of the month and the passengers seatbelt clasp has just fallen apart on me, iv been looking on ebay and calling breakers to find a replacement, they keep asking me for serial numbers and brand names, iv found one from a 1996/1997 model which appears to look exactly the same, but when i asked the seller if this would fit a 93/94 model they wernt sure, so firstly, does anyone know if the front seatbelt clasp was the same for these models, secondly, anyone got one for sale or know anyone that has one at all?

Thanks

Terry

It should fit, yes. Seatbelt clasps from the first K11 (1992) to the later facelift (2003) are the same (Y)

Yeah unfortunately iv attempted to buy a 1997 version clasp of what I thought was exactly the same but the seller called me and asked for the number on the back of the broken clasp which was a 'Allied Signal' with the following number '86842 5F000 01N257494' apparently this particular brand was only used in the '93-95' year model and the buckle won't fit into thd standard one he's selling! :$ does anyone have a compatible one matching this serial/brand!?

I used the clasps from the facelifted facelift when mine fell apart, they worked perfectly. Surely a set from any model K11 will fit?

They are not the same!

Up to 2000 they are but early K11 ones do not fit later ones.

(BTW, we have full sets of both types, in most colours in stock! Cheap as chips, LOL)

Fair enough, mine worked ok though. Figured I'd be better off getting newer ones if they could fit, as they'd be less likely to break

i needed rear ones a while ago. took the belt out and went around micras in scrappies till i found one that did fit...
the brands are different one side is allied the other isn't. one from a 96 k11 (mine) the other a 94 donor...
Good luck!

They are not the same!

Up to 2000 they are but early K11 ones do not fit later ones.

(BTW, we have full sets of both types, in most colours in stock! Cheap as chips, LOL)

these are the only 2 different types i have come across (both pre-facelift) and neither will fit each other

Attachments

• SDC12713.JPG
    SDC12713.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 321
ok, mine has the white plastic, so does that make it type 1 or 2 then? oh and the metal buckle type is the right hand one on franks picture!

R-type :grinning:
if you match yours to a scrappys car one ,wouldnt that be job done mode? strip scrap car for buckle?

Back