Seat lowering tips?

Just been reading up on seat lowering. A lot of people opting for chopping foam out but does anyone have a real world example of the seat base being cut and re-welded?

ac16a2b65cbb6a09c99751e4597b56e1.jpg

I would like to keep the stock seats, but I've also got a nice pair of Celica Gen7 leather seats I could use. I would probably still need the Micra seat bases, but I'm not sure if I would get them low enough to make any massive difference.

f5a0fb20ea437b2ae7a1c4bb8b97c966.jpg

Comments and ideas welcome!

Chris.

thread ressurction

Did you ever fit the gen7 seats?? i have a set here myself and was thinking of throwing them in if theres not too much messing around to get them in

Hi, the car has been in the lockup since last November.

I never did fit the seats, but still got them and hoping to be back working on the pickup real soon.

:)

Chris.

Cheers dude....went and fitted my drivers side one last nigjt just trial fit really need to make a new hole for outside front bolt and same with rear.... rear inside bolt lines up nicely and the front if you bend the rail end down is in the right line but you need to fit a spacer between the rail and the original bolt hole...will get a pic later

Obe thing I did find us that the seat plastic trim actually covers the boit/fuel door mechanism so can no longer open boot from drivers seat

Back