Front seat repair?

Little Miss Micra, (2002, 3 door) has two holes worn through the driver's seat cloth at about shoulder height, which is not uncommon I think. I could of course go looking for a scrap seat, but the going rate around here is €60, which I would prefer to spend on fuel.
So I'm thinking of removing the seat cloth, and applying iron-on patches to the inside of the seat fabric. Then maybe glue something foamy to the exposed seat metal. It looks like the cloth can be taken off by removing the clips at the base of the back rest. Does that sound plausible, or does anyone have a clever ruse or cunning plan?
Those Lidl seat covers are tempting...Yep, leather seats off something else would be nice and all, but unlikely to happen.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
60 euro is ridiculous, I was going to buy a full interior for 80. Do you know if the seat material is part of the seat, or is it actually a removable cover. If it's a cover, I could probably sort you one very cheap from my scrap yard for mate's rates.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I know on my other car they have a little zip down the bottom to take them off.
Ta failte romhat

OP
OP
Tornado
I hope you and yours are safe and sound on the face of Ophelia. It's pretty exciting around here, but happily the electricity is back on! I'm keeping my car well away from salty spray.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Yes I'm all good here. The Midlands got hit pretty damn hard, a lot of trees down. My friends roof fell off his apartment and there's a couple of cars crushed by trees here. I'm parking mine around the corner from the house, just in case the massive beech tree decides it doesn't want to be upright anymore