Lowering Seat

I've just got a replacement Micra (K12 ->K13). Initial impressions are mostly favourable - even though I was very sad to see my K12 go.

I do have a couple of problems, though.

Firstly, how the hell do you lower the driver's seat?

The manual simply says to use the lever, but not how to use it. I've tried pushing it right down, pulling it right up. I've tried both of those with the engine off and on, sitting on the seat and not sitting on it. Googling just gives me dozens of people trying to sell seats and a load of sites with information leached form the Nissan manual (and each other).

Secondly, the stop/start.

It stops the engine correctly, but about a second later (with no action on my part) starts it up again and it will only stop again (at standstill) if you use the ignition.

Any help appreciated.

I have first hand experience with a Nissan Micra K13 (2013) since a few months now and I managed to increase the driver's seat height but have not tried decreasing it.

The very same, horizontally placed, long plastic lever, attached to the side of the driver's seat should do the job of decreasing the seat height.

Lifting it up increases the height. Pushing it downwards repeatedly might help.

Do add a photo of the height adjustment lever in your car with your next reply. It would be helpful.

As for the automatic engine starting issue, I have not come across anything like it. There may be an electrical problem which you need to address; probably a faulty wire or a fuse or something.

The seat works like a car Jack, repeatedly pull it up to lift the seat, repeatedly push it down to lower.

My engine stop start system is temperamental too, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, then it says not available, I give up with it, I prefer it off anyway.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back