Sean's new toy

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Hey all you ACT guys,

Just a heads up, if you see me around then pull over for a chat! Here's some pics of my new toy, the Micra isn't too happy about it though bwahaha

Cibby5.jpg

Cibby1.jpg

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
What a weapon!

Haha, nice nice. Looks very cool.

I don't know much about bikes mate, give us some specs and performance figures of this thing..

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Its just a CBR250RR, that being said though, it still has more than enough power to scare the pants off me. Also very, VERY chuckable and able to bring it up nicely in and out of corners. Turns in amazingly well and with my new tyres (BT45's for anyone in the know) it has amazing grip for a footprint roughly the size of a credit card.

Some basic details:

250cc
Inline 4 cyl
4 stroke
40ps @ 14,500rpm
Pretty stocko except the paint, grips, tank protector and a few bits.

Oh did I mention it revs to 18,000rpm?

:D I'm very happy with it, got it for a killer price from an enthusiast and its in very good condition, also the last of the production run (being a '99 model)

Also cheap as to run (petrol-wise). $10 lasts around 250ish km's!

Pretty fun around the Cotter too

:D Sean

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Awesome. Take care mate, a lot of bloody idiots out there who think bikes are fair game.Be able to hose off Cisco's Ralliart no sweat.
Pull over for a chat? Mate by the time they catch you up it will be time for lunch or dinner or whatever.
Like the colour.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Ford Blueprint Blue!

And its not overly quick by any means although it is one of the faster 4 stroke 250's, but its still able to smoke almost anything off the line...

Mmmm 13,000rpm and a bit of clutch slip!

I highly recommend a motorbike to anyone who wants the funnest possible way to get from A to B, or for someone who wants a fun (and I mean FUN) track warrior!

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
AWESOME mate.

Yeah just be super careful.. But you're not stupid. Think for the cars, because most of them don't think for themselves. My cousin got ran over on his bike by a car that went through a red light.. Almost died, now full of metal pins in both legs. My uncle has metal pins from a similar thing where a car changed lanes on top of him without checking its blind spot. My Dad's mate also now recovering from his 3rd bike accident, again none of them his fault, yet another car drove straight through him without watching..

Just stay 50m away from every car at all times, because you never know when they are going to instantly change lanes onto your bike. Most drivers are complete idiots.

With that much power mate and 18000rpm, you can pull out of trouble by the sounds of it :) Have fun :)

Its bloody fun though. Damn, I hired a piece of rubbish 50cc scooter on holidays up at Port Douglas, and even that was stupendously fun (and stupendously gutless). With both of us on the scooter and going up this really steep hill, near the top, the bike 100% ran out of power and came to a complete standstill. The CVT style auto just kept making this engine revving noise, but it didn't have any easier gears to change back to. Mu hahaha. I quickly told JL to jump off the back so I could put my feet down to stop the thing from tipping over. Magic stuff, super fun. hahaha.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Lol Cisco!! The scooter probably wouldn't have lasted with just you on it let alone both of you bwahaha.

Yeah with the cars thing, its only really dangerous if you make it dangerous. I purposely get in front of the flow of traffic to avoid anyone braking suddenly etc, and always shift down a gear to overtake so they can hear me. Also it helps to swerve around your lane so that people are consciously looking at you. I also ALWAYS filter to the front at traffic lights, never know what kind of car is going to not see you at the lights... And I've found that generally the import drivers seem to be better as they're more aware of the cars that are around them (usually, that is)

My brother should have his back on the road soon so it'll make it a bit funner.

You still not heading to the gym? We should have a session sometime soon.

Seano

cisco

» CMF Member
Awesome stuff mate.

I had a really good coupla weeks 2 weeks ago, then got caught up and haven't been back. Was really starting to get back into it and gain some strength back, but now its probably almost back to normal again because its been 2 weeks off. I'm definitely keen to hookup. But I joined the city pool one.. Its pretty cheap and dodgy, but handy in terms of being so close to work etc.. You still going to the Belco one??

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Yeah still at Bodyworks (for the moment)

I'm also training at Bruce CIT (have free membership due to my course)

I'm also pretty close to getting a job at either ClubLime, Northside Fitness Centre or Southern Cross.. Just have to decide which one I really want, although I'm leaning towards Northside Fitness...

I've actually dropped a few kilo's as my eating program went downhill.. (Eating every 1.5 hours gets boring beleive it or not) so I've also switched training modes to a more aggressive hypertrophy program.

My new aim is to be at 7-5% bodyfat and 80kg by December...

Its a bit hard to train when you're riding your bike though, you can't exactly do a hard leg session and expect to be able to stand your bike up at the lights on the way home

Sean

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
i train at active leisure centre in erindale have been for around 4 months now.
man i love eating every 2 hours. hehe
i am amazed how much food you can eat in one day of you are training and eating correctly. its unbelievable i disgust myself sometimes.

well sean i wish i could get to 8% bf. i now 94kg and 20%bf. when i started i was 99kg and 26%bf. i love the gym. you feel absolutely wrecked when there and you wonder why you even bother but still keep going.
we should start a gym thread to record our progress.

Back