My new toy!!!!

I'm jealous Em :p

Very very nice bike, I'm doing my CBT on Friday and will be buying a 125 hopefully will do my DAS in Summer and get a 600/650

Very nice though :p is that a 1 or 2 piece suit you have?

21653_0_1_2_fz6_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg

just incase anyone was wondering :p R6 without the fancy frock.

Just go careful, i managed to be hospitalized for 3 months on a 125 this last April, i still aren't back at work yet.
Remember, doesn't matter how well you know the bike when some grandad pulls out on you at a junction...

Apart from that, lovely bike, i would have gone with a VFR 400, but probably cos i couldn't afford that one!

Pete thats fugly!!! Even though it is still the same underneath!!

My leathers are 2 piece. No point geting a 1 piece unless your always doing track days! My old mate had a 1 piece, and he used to get very peed off with it down the pub!!

And Nex, i thought you were leaving!!! You can buy my bad boy bonnet instead :p

And yeah i have seen the new R6. Very tasty, and also very dear!!

Lol, not really no. I don't have anythin on under the trousers. Apart from the obvious. And i only had a small top on under the jacket. You don't need warm clothes under leathers, you get hot as it is!! Besides, they're supposed to be snug to do their job properly.

the fz6 (naked bike) is a retuned r6 engine for less top and more mid torque
less bhp to

cant really say its the same dont think the chasis is the same either

its a naked fazer

complete diff league to sport bikes

I've rode the fz 6 didnt think much of it really very friendly and fun without the scary bhp figures but breathless over a 100mph (private rd people)

Lol, not really no. I don't have anythin on under the trousers. Apart from the obvious. And i only had a small top on under the jacket. You don't need warm clothes under leathers, you get hot as it is!! Besides, they're supposed to be snug to do their job properly.

I assume you're keeping the k11 for commuting?

I'll be using a bike for commuting so I'll probably have to go with textiles to fit pants under it

We sell products from a company called EDZ, they are thin technical tops to be worn under leathers and other such stuff.

Ems... cough... thanks for that I'm not sure I'm going to be able to forget about that. A friend of mine wears a top thats barely got any material, thank god she wears a back protector otherwise much of her top half would be on show.

Britto... yeah more torque, less bhp more of a snatchy response. I get what you say about it being less focused but you can't go over 120 without loosing your head so the torque/bhp pay off is good. No strictly its not exactly an R6, the rake and wheelbase are diff, componants are cheaper quality and it's got an upswept underseat exhaust. But where-as the R6 is a trackbike with a little bit of finese the FZ6-N is a town tool, I can sit upright a bit more (less wrist ache, oh god do sports bikes kill your wrist in town) and it's much easier to wheelspin and generally loon about on the fz6-n. I don't like the faired fazer at all, I don't see the point. Although I do fancy an FZ1-N 150bhp naked bike mmmm hehe

you mad, that looks far too fast to be safe lol. you keeping the micra or have you sold it? i was looking forward to see what happened with the micra :(

She's keeping the Micra but all the parts she just bought (excluding springs / panhard / alloys) are going to be sold.

Awesome! never knew you were a biker chick! i keep meaning to learn to ride a motorbike, not sure whether to do the direct access or not yet... any advice?

Whats the direct access Speedle? like a crash course (pardon the pun)

basically its like an intensive course that means once complete you can ride any size bike you wish, but it cost more to do still i could easily sell my mr2 to pay for the course and a bike :D thats what im thinking of doing anyway

I wish I could buy it off you if you did sell, my friend has a mk2 MR2and I love it. Next on my list once the insurance is lower. I think Id still have problems cos you have to be over 21 for some sizes dont you?

theres a lot you don't know about me speedle :p

And yeah i'm keeping the Micra, what alan said lol.

The DAS course is a crash course. Between around a week long (or less) depending what you want to splash out on. 4 days is now around 470 quid, with it working out at around 115 quid a day. You have to do a theory (27 odd quid) and actual test (60 quid) which is all on top of the other payment. It's the best way to get into it all if your new to it. Bear in mind you have to be at least 21 to do this course though. I think it's 21 anyway!!o_O

you mad, that looks far too fast to be safe lol. you keeping the micra or have you sold it? i was looking forward to see what happened with the micra :(

Yeah i know :( I would still do it but i'm not rich!!! lol

if your thinking about it DO YOUR DAS NOW!!! they want to make it more difficult next year. So basically any muppet can drive a two tonne saloon car deathtrap but to ride a reasonably quick bike you already need to do CBT + DAS or CBT+A1+DAS or CBT+A1+2years.

theres a lot you don't know about me speedle :p

And yeah i'm keeping the Micra, what alan said lol.

The DAS course is a crash course. Between around a week long (or less) depending what you want to splash out on. 4 days is now around 470 quid, with it working out at around 115 quid a day. You have to do a theory (27 odd quid) and actual test (60 quid) which is all on top of the other payment. It's the best way to get into it all if your new to it. Bear in mind you have to be at least 21 to do this course though. I think it's 21 anyway!!o_O

Yeah i know :( I would still do it but i'm not rich!!! lol

wicked ill look into that then im 25 so no probs there! :D

Pete thats fugly!!! Even though it is still the same underneath!!

My leathers are 2 piece. No point geting a 1 piece unless your always doing track days! My old mate had a 1 piece, and he used to get very peed off with it down the pub!!

And Nex, i thought you were leaving!!! You can buy my bad boy bonnet instead :p

And yeah i have seen the new R6. Very tasty, and also very dear!!

i ain't going anywhere until next year ;) and i never said i would pay for it lol, it would be hand luggage on the plane :D whats up with the bad boy bonnet and how much lol

LOL, get a mini moto Nex, it'll suit you better!! :p

And theres nothin wrong with the bad boy, i've actually had an offer for all of it so i'll see what happens there and let you know. :)

cant beleive I missed this thread...

why didnt the subject of bikes come up when Me & Liz visited you and Arnold when we bought the silver bullet???

Mine have been:
1 Honda CD175 (straight twin) <unofficial first bike aged 14 lol...the police took this one from me>
2 Cagiva Elefant (900 V twin) <first official bike>
3 Suzuki Bandit (600N Straight 4)
4 Triumph Tiger (955i straight tripple) <current bike>

Now that you have learned the basics (L-Test)......Go, join you local RoADAR group and become a safe pro (its will cost less than a tank of petrol to join [Arnold will pay if he loves you], and all the practical stuff is free...altough most bikers donate towards the Tutor's fuel for the practicals since they use their own machines [Arnold will pay for this too if he really loves you])

The knowledge you pick up there will be more valuble to you for your safety than your lid & lethers put together

now go and practice some good roadcraft.....you can work towards becoming a Tutor too if you fancy it

LOL, get a mini moto Nex, it'll suit you better!! :p

And theres nothin wrong with the bad boy, i've actually had an offer for all of it so i'll see what happens there and let you know. :)

lol actually i got an aprilla pegaso that is so big even i have trouble reaching the floor ;)

so why you selling? it would have been soo cool :D

If you want a video of what not to do, try and get a copy of the Stu-pid riding DVD, it's an amazing DVD showing stunts on british roads, there is even a race with an evo.

Advanced courses are always a good idea.

Lol, Sammo i was upset my baby was going, wasn't thinking straight :p And anyway, i never knew you were into bikes either. You seem to have had a few!! How come you fell off it in one of your latest meets :p

And yeah i will be doing some advanced courses when i get some money. I want to start racing eventually. I've found a club (girls only!!), just need to prove myself when i get into it!!! Dream job here i come. LOL

How come you fell off it in one of your latest meets :p

eh?

fell of what? rubber side down fortunately (so far)

how much is your advanced club that youre joining? sounds good....Are thay IAM or RoSPA based or other?

PS I have a cunning secret plan for the bullet...(Liz doesn;t know about thid just yet..but she will do soon),,,lol

Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon whilst it's still here :p Hope you don't mind too much Ems hehe

Attachments

• 20-10-07_1634.jpg
    20-10-07_1634.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 213
Pete thats :sick: lol :p

And Sammo the club is www.bikegirl.co.uk
I'm going to be getting used to the bike before i get it to the track though, so will aim for the summer now as it's getting a bit cold and slippery out there now!!
I'm not sure what advanced training i'm going to be doing yet. I know there are day courses available with ex policeman lol!! Will update this thread as i go though.

Back