New Toy + Hobby

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
06SJFSRComp_Blk_l.jpg

After a few months of riding local trails on a cheap Giant Talon hardtail mountain bike, last week i upgraded to a second hand 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp in as new condition. I must say mountainbikes are much cheaper to muck around with/tune/adjust/upgrade and clean meticously. Today i gave the rear shock a service, will be doing the front next week or after. Havn't taken her for a real ride yet but it is soo smooth over terrain. Went in my first mtb 'race' two weekends ago as a casual event which was a bundle of fun and im entered in the Noosa Enduro 60km which is sunday week. Fun, fun, fun! I much enjoy getting my rush from mtbing than driving 'fast' on the roads, out in the bush you can take corners how you please, go as fast as you dare, its great! The micra is now at 190K, put 100K on it since purchase three years back. SO yeh, just some random ramblings of whats happening in Alex's world these days.

I see members are looking to trip all over the world! vietnam, america, japan, others???
Have you not seen teh QLD tourism advert on TV "Where else but Qeensland" hahaha, nah have fun eh,

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
Hey top looking bike Alex. I bet its a blast to ride. Looks like a real good setup.

I miss my Giant AC2 sometimes. It was just a fat piece of **** for ploughing down big hills and straight into gutters with.

I only found out the other day that its "normal" for UST tubeless tyres to go flat after a single ride! You just have to pump them up again. The guy at the bike shop said "yeah its pretty normal, just clean the rim edges and the beads and grease and tighten the valve stems". Gosh - these are $80 Larsen TT tyres on Crossmax rims!

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Cheers, will get a chance to ride it on sunday. I do enjoy ploughing straight into gutters with the new bike, hehe. So light, its all std @ about 12.6kg i think. The hardtail i had was more than that! Rgarding UST, have you heard of stans? or some kind of liquid sealant. Lets you run lower pressures, ride of beds of nails and stops them going flat afaik. But yeh, my neighbour just got a new cannondale with ust and he has the same problem, tyres keep going flat.

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah 12.6 is damn light for a dually. Definitely what you want.

Yeah the guy was trying to tell me a bottle of Stans. $50 for a pretty big bottle. I reckon it must be cheaper on Ebay..

I didn't buy it for $50 off the bike shop guy. Maybe I'll just have to suck it and get some of that stuff :)

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Aparently you can make your own.

Quote off MTBDirt.com.au forums:

"make it urself get some liquid latex, amonia, and water (does brisbane have any water left?)

and mix it up

i mix at approximately 40%, 30% and 30% ratio

its cheap and it works as well as stans IMHO"

Ride on sunday was unreal, did some technical trails; bike geometry suits me and the riding i do so well, fantastic!

Alex

Back