Scuttle Panel Removal Help

Hello, can someone come to my rescue please. My daughter has a 2000 plate “X reg” Micra. She has developed a very bad leak into the passenger foot well (More like a small pond). After some research I think it may be a blocked drainage pipe underneath the “Scuttle Panel”? or a leaky seal

However, my problem is that I am a complete novice when it comes to vehicles and have no idea of how to remove the scuttle panel to clear out the leaves etc., (if of course this is the actual fault).

I have looked at Pollymobiles pictures of the offending rubber seals :) however, would someone be so kind and give me “Janet & John” or idiots guide step by step instructions on how remove the scuttle panel please

Also I have tried to look under the passenger wheel arch to see where the drainage tube comes out, but couldn't see it :oops:. Am I missing something or is it somewhere else.

Many many thanks in advance for your help with this

Regards

Tim (Useless mechanic)

If you've got a sunroof could be the drainage holes on that: slide it back and pour a bit of water in the front if it doesn't dribble out wheel arch it's blocked
The only place the water will get in under the scuttle is through the pollen filter which is quite high up so you'd need it to be full of water

To remove scuttle
Take off wiper arms 14 mm socket
Phillips screw in center
Pry up plastic clips nearest to engine
Poppers on rest of panel should pop of with a little wiggle
Careful with popper on drivers side as this may fly off!
Bend scuttle in center and pull out

I found it was the windscreen seal on my old one, put a bead of sealant along the bottom of the windscreen at the same time you clean the clips/pipes, just incase itll save you going back under :)

Thank you all for the advice. I will now be able to remove the panel and I will also add sealant as advised. Fingers crossed.

Steve, no sunroof on this model, she has Aircon :cool:. One final question, I have tried to look under the passenger wheel arch to see where the drainage tube comes out, but couldn't see it :oops:. Am I missing something or is it somewhere else.

Again, Thanks for your time :)

Back