Scratched on a car park - gf's K12

Hi all,

My gf's just txt me to say that her K12 that she's just had for a few weeks has been scratched on her Uni car park while she was in a lesson.

I dont know much else like if there is CCTV or if she's taken the plates of nearby cars, but does anyone have any idea of where car insurance stands in a car park like this?

:( I'm gutted for her.

I havn't got full details off her yet - she's at uni only sent me a few txts but it sounds like its been driven into/scraped by someone elses car!

Thanks for the concern anyway :( so annoyed...

rallybunny said:
Is it a car park only the uni students could use? If that's the case, it might be a bit easier to track down who did it, if there's no CCTV.

it is mate yea, how could it make it easier to track who did it mate?

gf just text to tell me she doesn't know what time it happened as well :(

Check everyone elses car :)

you can have a guess on how the accident happened, ring the police report a hit and run. They'll have an idea on what to do!

stokefan said:
:(

Prob cause a message can be put up around Uni and people asked, u can't put messages up for the general public you wouldn't get anywhere, also, if she takes the numberplates of the cars already parked, a message could be put up asking if the person that own's the car could get in touch, then she could ask them if anythin was seen.

Not a bad suggestion from Rallybunny if u ask me!!

stokefan said:

gf just text to tell me she doesn't know what time it happened as well :(

Is there any paint left behind from the other car (on your gf's)? Just keep an eye out for any likely suspects. I feel very soory for you, must be gutting. :(

I'll ask her if she can see any paint etc - yea, cheers for the suggestions guys. :)

What I was wondering though was whether or not insurance is still valid on a private car park like a uni - any ideas ppl?

I hate people that do that, done it to my K10...

But it was so small, and the car was so old....i decided to let it go..

But you can't really do that in your situation

Ed said:
Insurance will be valid anywhere you go.

cheers Ed, didn't realise that. Asked a few ppl in the office and they all said that you wouldn't be covered coz car parks are omitted from insurance...didn't know what to think of that.

Nonesense if your car was solen from the carpark you would expect a replacment wouldnt you :)

Ed said:
Nonesense if your car was solen from the carpark you would expect a replacment wouldnt you :)

yeah and proby the mot common place fot a car to be stolen!! lol

Back