Nissan Micra Automatic Car start issue in Park Position

Hi Everyone,

I have a nissan micra k12 2006 automatic. It has developed a very weird issue.

Car immobiliser gets activated randomly. Sometimes, it starts and sometimes it does not. When immobiliser activates (P1611), engine doesn't crank. Afterwards, if I remove the battery terminal or remove the immobiliser fuse, afterwards it cranks only one time.

Normally, i test it like this and once engine show it cranks and then turn on the ignition for a good 15 minutes without starting the engine and afterwards turned it off and starts again and boom it starts.

I have changed the battery of my fob but same issue.

Any recommendation?

Thanks!

Update: Looks like I have a different problem. So, my mechanic changed the starter relay but issue still exist. However, I have realised that when this issue happens, if I change my gear from Park to Neutral, Car starts

Any idea what it could be?

Last edited:
You should check battery has good charge and also check your cables are connected check condition of terminals clean if needed.
Also advise check the ground points.
Try these and then if problem persists come back here and see if anyone with more knowledge on immobliser problems has replied.

Hi Sparky,
Thanks for your reply. Looks like I have a different problem. So, my mechanic changed the starter relay but it is still the same. However, I have realised that when this issue happens, if I change my gear from Park to Neutral, Car starts.

Any idea what it could be?

Not sure on this but could the switch be at fault on the gear selector.
Also another question that might be of help to forum members to help you out.
Is this a keyless fob or standard key type.

Thanks! It is a keyless fob. key tested by a locksmith and key is fine. Never have issue regaridng key.

Do you have an idea if this is having a gear selector switch? If yes, do you know about the part number?
I have seen some videos but those were different cars (honda) mentioned in below video

I don't know the part number, but the item being a switch is know to wear out on auto boxes.
I'm sure it would be swappable though getting to that area might be challenge.

Hi my grandaughter as a nissan micra 2005, the PS light came on and she lost power steering.I purched a second hand PS motor and replaced it,the vehicle will not crank now and the immobiliser sign stay on? Do you think its the imobiliser or somthing I done by fitting the PS motor??

Back