How much would a full body respray cost?

P

Panjabi

Its Tornado grey so it is metalic. Which means it will need a coat of laqar and time in the oven!!

Picked up a Micra. Too many bush marks and scratches. Need to fill it all in. The worst scratch is the front wing. At the petrol pump... this woman who couldnt park... opened her door and scratched my car... then as I came out she drove off... didnt get the plate... CCTV at the petrol station was bust... haha I could have done a free tank if I knew that - not that Im the type of person... anyway...

Dent to be removed in bonnet too - so paint has been stretched etc.

Full external body respray could be anything from £600-£1500+ depending on who did it and what standards you want it done to.

Hmmm well last Micra which was also metallic... the front wing and door cost £180 and he did a great job - blended well with the old paint.

That mechanic has now moved to Yorksha and retired. One guy is offering to do it for £880 but I dont know him... another unsavoury character quoted £400 but I dont trust himm obviously - seen some of his previous work its quite shoddy.

Cheers Ed.

Panjabi said:
Hmmm well last Micra which was also metallic... the front wing and door cost £180 and he did a great job - blended well with the old paint.

That mechanic has now moved to Yorksha and retired. One guy is offering to do it for £880 but I dont know him... another unsavoury character quoted £400 but I dont trust himm obviously - seen some of his previous work its quite shoddy.

Cheers Ed.

Well going for the cheaper option could cost you more in the long run fixing someone elses mistake!!!

Yep dont go with cheap. There are many examples of people who've taken the cheapest option and regretted it, and costing them more in the long run!

Back