Scraping???

J

janjachnik

I have a problem...
I have a micra LS and when i take a left corner too sharp/too fast, i hear a scraping coming from the wheel. However i have the same original wheels and it only happens on the left hand side. any ideas why?

could be a worn wheel bearing or ball joint, if either are very bad its possible to get the tyre rubbing the shock.
it could also be due to the wheel alignment being out, causing the tyre to scrub when cornering.

I think I know what you are refering to... If its what I think it is, then its the Brake disk rubbing on the stone guard. The disk edge corrodes a lot and so does the disk. Flakes of metal come off both of these and can get trapped betweent he disk and the stone guard.

Also with corrosion, the stone guard can actually warp and become bent inwards a bit rubbing on the disk.

Mine used to scrape at constant speed but would go quiet under accelloration or braking...lol

Probably what Sammo said, solution, big hammer (Y) You can check it by removing the wheel & turning the hub by hand. You should be able to hear and feel where it's rubbing. Keep hitting it until it doesn't rub anymore :) If it's still happening look for bits of body/shock/tyre etc that have rub marks or scuffs to give you a clue where to look.

Back