Tyre scraping

Ok, so I have a 99 k11 that is lowered at the rear on std springs with 2 coils removed and corsa shocks. The axle shift has been (slightly over)corrected with frankstyle offset bushes.
Now, the issue is that, when 'pressing on' :rolleyes: particularly through fast left handers, if I hit a bump the o/s/r tyre is making contact with the, admittedly unrolled, wheelarch. This issue is a hundred times worse with a rear seat passenger :(
I am currently running 5.5x15" alloys, ET45, wearing 175/50x15 tyres and my plan is to go a little lower and space out the rear wheels 20-25mm, obviously this will exacerbate the problem. :mad:
Short of never carrying passengers/a load, or fitting back breaking, teeth rattling polo coilovers how, if at all, can I avoid/minimise the tyre to arch contact?
Would replacing the cut std's with cut lowering springs improve matters? Or how about replacing corsa hydraulic shocks with gas shocks?
Stupid rear suspension design :mad:
Thanks in advance peeps ;)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I'd invest in a panhard rod and stiffer springs :)
Stiffer springs at least with only happening on bends/body roll.
Shocks won't affect much in this situation :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Get a panhard rod, roll arches. Corsa rear shocks and cut standard springs seem to compliment well, cut lowering springs will help a bit but be more uncomfortable. You can get up to a 75mm drop on corsa rears and cut stock springs (3 coils off if you know how to fit the shocks to make them shorter)and still be fully captive, cut lowering springs will have less sag and it will sit higher because they are stiffer.
But yeah, panhard rod first, if thay fails roll the inner lip, and flair arches if all else fails.

OP
OP
MicrAde
I'd invest in a panhard rod and stiffer springs :)
Stiffer springs at least with only happening on bends/body roll.
Shocks won't affect much in this situation :)

Cheers Andy, a Nodspeed rod is on my wishlist for when funds allow, although as I say, at the moment while standing with no load, the axle shift is slightly overcorrected. Any recommendations for springs? Would cut lowering springs be stiffer if I removed the softer, tightly wound, coils on each end?

OP
OP
MicrAde
Get a panhard rod, roll arches. Corsa rear shocks and cut standard springs seem to compliment well, cut lowering springs will help a bit but be more uncomfortable. You can get up to a 75mm drop on corsa rears and cut stock springs (3 coils off if you know how to fit the shocks to make them shorter)and still be fully captive, cut lowering springs will have less sag and it will sit higher because they are stiffer.
But yeah, panhard rod first, if thay fails roll the inner lip, and flair arches if all else fails.

Defo gonna have to roll the arches I think but I dont have the lows/rims to pull off flared arches :(

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Cheers Andy, a Nodspeed rod is on my wishlist for when funds allow, although as I say, at the moment while standing with no load, the axle shift is slightly overcorrected. Any recommendations for springs? Would cut lowering springs be stiffer if I removed the softer, tightly wound, coils on each end?
Any set of lowering springs will do. If you cut the tighter/stiffer coils off one end you'll still end up with a stiffer than standard spring which will be just enough :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
just go easy til you can afford a noddyrod, much less hassle than the other options. Unless over corrected means going lower will aolve the problem ;)

OP
OP
MicrAde
just go easy til you can afford a noddyrod, much less hassle than the other options. Unless over corrected means going lower will aolve the problem ;)

Go easy?? Wheres the fun in that? ;) Going slightly lower will bring the axle shift back level, ie equal side to side, but it looks like stiffer is the way to go :rolleyes: Better tighten the front end up a touch too :D

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Just chop another half coil off your stock springs, problem solved. Free as well, except for the 2p's worth of electricity...