Scrap yard find!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Ems & I managed to get into the 'forbidden' yard at the back of Bridges scrappy and came across about 10 K11's. We were hoping to find a K11 with fogs, to get the indicator stalk for Babyboom, but there were none around. Anyway, we came across a March, which weirdly was a J reg. I didnt know K11's were being made before the K10's had finished being produced. Anyway, we managed to get the vented brake calipers, and were luckily allowed to take the plastic rocker cover too (your not usually allowed to touch anything under the bonnet in that yard).

All for £25!! Well chuffed :)

If anyone's after a few small style boot spoilers (Like Ems's), i believe there's three in there.

Yep that was in there lol! Had front impact damage so the rear would be fine.

thats really weird i was there today:D in the forbidden section from like 10.00 till 12.00ish

and there was LOADS. lol. i was after super s bumpers found a super s in black but front bumper was a bit well smashed back bumper was mint so n e one after one go there

i got a wrap around spoiler of a gold k11 in mint condition tiny crack (caused by my dad being a little heavy handed) for £10 which i thought was brillaint.

good place bridges.

Bridges
Brighton Road
Crawley
RH11 9AB

type in a sat nav or on an online map site (streetmap.com) and it will tell you exactly

digital facelift clocks with rev counter ?

yep, was a few of them i think :)

thats really weird i was there today:D in the forbidden section from like 10.00 till 12.00ish

and there was LOADS. lol. i was after super s bumpers found a super s in black but front bumper was a bit well smashed back bumper was mint so n e one after one go there

i got a wrap around spoiler of a gold k11 in mint condition tiny crack (caused by my dad being a little heavy handed) for £10 which i thought was brillaint.

good place bridges.

Lol, shame you didn't recognise either of us!! You best get yourself down to the next south meet :)

i was parked on the outer edge near the gate, the big red pickup truck lol, my dad took me.

i will defintaly come to a south meet if i am free:D

we came across a March, which weirdly was a J reg. I didnt know K11's were being made before the K10's had finished being produced. Anyway,
march 002.jpg
Oh yes, they certainly did.

if your going back down there and get chance: if any of the clocks (digital facelift ones w/ rev counter) have got between 35k and 45k on the clock (so its similar to mine) and u can get them for under £40 id definatly take them....

how do you get into the forbidden bit??!?!?!?! i can NEVER get in there!!

Ask for a common part that isnt engine related! We asked for an indicator stalk for a facelift K11, and that the other yards only had pre facelift models. He ummed & arred a bit but let us in.

The odometer on a facelift is stored electronically, so you wont be able to check what the milage reads without somehow firing the car up! Some of them have the batteries removed, and i dont think any have keys in the ignition.

Courier & JJ, you should both definitly come to a south meet sometime! would be good to meet you both

it was quite funny actually. We were running round the scrapyard peering through the windows of all the micras we saw! There was one that looked like it had fogs, but someone had already had both stalks! Was also a pre facelift, which wasn't suitable as you know. Will keep a look out for you though, i like my scrapyard trips, so will drag Arnold to a Oxford one next weekend :)

Didnt have anything good mate. Some pre and post facelifts but nothing that great.

also people that are thinking of checking it out (and i reckon there are a few of you lol) i think they only open it on a saturday cos i have been there before on a weekday and well there was no one on the gate. like arnold said ask for something not in the main yard, i asked for bumpers and they just let me have a look.

saturday 8am - 4pm is the open times

It's hard to get into because of the age of the cars i reckon. There was a 56 plate police car in there, someone had nicked all the good bits though!! haha, alot of other newish cars too. K12's, recent clio's, etc. Didnt check for Almera's James, but the bloke said where to go in the yard, and didn't seem like he wanted us to hang around! He basically goes round checking what everyone's up to. Unless your very specific what your after and have a good reason, don't expect to get in!

we have a place like that in our local scrappers, i remember that it has an R33 skyline in there for about 3 months nad he wouldnt let anyone near it, then someone bought practically the whole car.

we have a place like that in our local scrappers, i remember that it has an R33 skyline in there for about 3 months nad he wouldnt let anyone near it, then someone bought practically the whole car.

could that've been deatons by any chance? we saw that when we was after some bits for raceworx's mates lagacy turbo.

Anyone paying this place a visit anytime soon? I need some close up photos of a K11 March brake servo unit :)

that place is quite near me:D
went there before for a back door. seemed like a nice enough place. i am thinking about going up there tomorow because i want to get some red bumpers and my mum wants some stuff for her car, plus i would really like some of the golf mark 4 headlights aswell, not sure how easy they are to get/fit, anyone got any ideas?
didn't see the forbidden area when i went, sounds pretty cool:D

would really like to go to a south meet soon, are there any plans/ideas anyone??

ooh ohh :D anyone get like a super s rear bumper? or a hi level altinator mount? ooh or plastic headlight lenses? ..... rear disc calipers? k12 badges? ooh i so wish i could get there :(

guy i thought this might need mentioning

Bridges has no CLOSED there forbidden yard.

i went there today to see if i could find some bumpers and mirrors with my mate who was looking for peugeot 306 bumpers. we asked them if we could go into the "forbidden section", and they said they have now closed it. the only way you can get in there is if you phone up and ask them for a certain part, and if they don't have the part in the yard, you can't go in.

apparently they have had some trouble with people just absolutly smashing cars to get the bits they want. i know it's a scrapyard and that happens but the section had good bits, that was the point in it begin hard to get into, but apparently it is turning into the main section.

just thought i would mention this for anyone thinking of going there to look. you might be able to flatter you eyelids but i seriusoly doubt it will help, especially if you are a bloke lol.

sorry for the sad messgae, just thought i would save people a long trip.

i went there today

Lol really? Ems and i were there today too lol. Didn't have time to go to secret yard, we had to get back to our duck (yes there's a 4 week old duckling running around our house).

Bummer about them closing the yard, they've always seemed quite fussy about who they let in in the past, and seemed to be monitoring it quite alot.

Back