Saxo Spoiler

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
went to the scrappy this morning for a grille so I can modify it to put mesh into it, couldn't find any so we decided to have a wander around anyway to see what else we could see.

We came across a Saxo with the rear spoiler still intact so Jon (my other half) thought he's try and get it off, some of the guys who work there were watching for a while and they decided to come over, they said loads of people had tried to get it off but couldn't so the owner said if we managed to get it off we could have it for free. Half an hour later with some gentle persuasion we had a free saxo spoiler hehe.

I did a search on here and notice a few people had put saxo spoilers onto their micra spoilers, do they fit straight on or do they need modified? If they need modified what mods are needed?

I haven't tried it on my spoiler yet as it needs sanded down so I can paint it red. I bought the spoiler which 59bhpismorethanenough was selling by the way.

Haylz

Haylz said:
We came across a Saxo with the rear spoiler still intact so Jon (my other half) thought he's try and get it off, some of the guys who work there were watching for a while and they decided to come over, they said loads of people had tried to get it off but couldn't so the owner said if we managed to get it off we could have it for free. Half an hour later with some gentle persuasion we had a free saxo spoiler hehe.

Lol nice one!! just shows that persistency can pay off! I removed an AX GT spoiler once, not realising the same bolts hold the boot on.. 5 minutes later, it came crashing down on top of my head!! I didnt want the spoiler after that!!! lol

ther stika flexed on iirc..i took one of my mates car wen he wrote it off,,he asked for it back before i got chance to fit it to mine :(

RIK said:
ther stika flexed on iirc..i took one of my mates car wen he wrote it off,,he asked for it back before i got chance to fit it to mine :(

Aye they are, it had 2 bolts kinda like sawn off screws which went into the bootlid aswell, that's presumably why the others that tried couldn't get it off.

I've got some tiger seal to stick it on with, I just wondered if it was a straight fit either onto my bootlid or onto the spoiler I've already got on or if I needed to do any mods to it, it seems from the other posts tho that it's a straight fit which is good. I think I'm gonna attach it to the spoiler I already have on, will see how it looks tomorrow. Obviously be a while until I fit it properly though cos it needs sanded down and painted. Will have to wait til I get paid in 4 weeks for the paint and lacquer cos I just bought wheels and tyres lol.

I fitted the spoiler I bought from 59bhp the other day, looks really nice. If it doesn't look right with the saxo one though then it prob be for sale. I imagine it should look ok though. :grinning:

R05_Micra said:
can i have dibs?

yep, i'll let you know, I should have made a decision by next week whether I'm keeping both or not lol. just so you know though, I'm keeping saxo one so it will be the other one for sale if I decide to sell it. Like I said though in my other post I think it should look ok so I don't want to get anyones hopes up.

Arnold said:
Lol nice one!! just shows that persistency can pay off! I removed an AX GT spoiler once, not realising the same bolts hold the boot on.. 5 minutes later, it came crashing down on top of my head!! I didnt want the spoiler after that!!! lol
I watched a guy in work slam close his boot on his ax, the whole boot is hinged on the glass - and the glass smashed, the bootlid hit the floor...
Oh did we laugh.. ha ha ha

Arnold said:

bet that was painful lol. saw a few ax spoilers today actually. funny thing is tho I wasn't even going to look for spoilers I was quite happy with the one I bought from 59bhp (fitted it over the weekend) until I saw the saxo one and thought it would look good as an extension to the one I have.

Dusk said:
I watched a guy in work slam close his boot on his ax, the whole boot is hinged on the glass - and the glass smashed, the bootlid hit the floor...
Oh did we laugh.. ha ha ha

hahaha I had a mate who had an AX years ago and he did something very similar.

Back