saxo VTS engine conversion? good idea?

Hello everyone.
i can get my hands on a saxo 1.6 16v vts engine cheap as...
i've been searching for an engine for the micra...
anyone know why it would? or wouldnt go in??
i'll have the whole saxo so i will have everything i need??
i was thinking of using everything.... struts, shafts, engine/box, ECU and even use the whole wiring loom so there will be no wire cutting involved.
just want to hear peoples thoughts on this...
any help or ideas would be apprieciated ;)
cheers....

the peugeot/citroens use a ball joint bar type gear linkage so that would give you a headache then you have the issue of sorting the mounts which are totally different. it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. you would be better looking at a ga16de from an almera, sunny or primera cause it would be much easier or chuck an sr20 in there. or just turbo the cg lump.

the citroen vts engine is 130bhp. you would be spending £000's on a conversion that yields no more power than a well tuned cg13.
130 bhp can be had from the cg lump no problems.
head porting, gas flowing, set of 772cams, ga16 throttle body and injectors, 4-1 manifold, inlet manifold "porting" ignition timing and fuel map are the hardest hurdles, but even those have been sorted out now with one of Ed's nis-tune ecu's.

the rally guys are getting 130bhp from the cg13 regularly.

failing that, a GA16DE from the primera/almera will bolt to your gearbox, fit in the engine bay, and wire up fairly effortlessly. if i remember rightly there is just one mount you have to fiddle with, other than that, swap the ecu over, (should be same plugs too) and get an exhaust fitted.
that will give you 105~bhp. if you do some porting, polishing and crack on that one.... with decent exhaust setup, i dont see why 140bhp+ is out of the question.
so if you sell the bits from the saxo, you can fund all of the stuff you need to make the micra even faster....(Y)

Back