Savage Exhaust

If you are happy to do the cutting and welding which will be required to fit it then great. If you would prefer something which is easy to fit then I would advise you to look elsewhere for a backbox which is custom made for the Micra.

bought a savage exhaust just last week cut up brand new back box for pipe and welded mounts on it.........after fitting it with my de-cat straight through pipe it was far to loud so I removed it and now its lying on garage floor soon to go on ebay...............

ive found a few ones made specially for the micra, but they all seem to be only made to fit the 92-98 models, mines a 01 :glare: :glare:

just looked at the janspeed back box and its from 92-02 so there may be no differance if there is someone here will correct me

Get the sportex back box for your K11. Looks good and has a really nice tone to it. Straight fit too

Universal boxes do not have mounts! so it cannot be a perfect fit until they're welded on. That's what is meant by 'universal', some work is required for it to fit.

Universal boxes do not have mounts! so it cannot be a perfect fit until they're welded on. That's what is meant by 'universal', some work is required for it to fit.
i know what is meant by universal but "doesn't fit anything quite right" is DO NOT SWEAR. A lot aftermarket body kits require a lot of work but doesn't mean they never fit anything quite right

personally 'savage' is just one of those boy racer type crappy back boxs that just make your car sound so awful!

i say go for a janspeed or a omp group 'a' exhasut system!

my backbox is a universal 'sabre power' one i picked up cheap off ebay. the inlet pipe was a lot bigger than standard so needed a reducer pipe welded in.

Local garage did it for £30 and it makes a nice little noise :)

ive got the sportex one fitted, 4" tailpipe just sits nice in the arch too. Gives a really good sporty sound, quite a deep tone

wonder how it will sound after i get my de-cat bolted on lol!

ive got the sportex one fitted, 4" tailpipe just sits nice in the arch too. Gives a really good sporty sound, quite a deep tone

wonder how it will sound after i get my de-cat bolted on lol!

That's what i suggested, but Ems has the 3.5" pipe i think but still sounds excellent! One of the nicest sounding exhausts on a micra i've heard.

i know what is meant by universal but "doesn't fit anything quite right" is DO NOT SWEAR. A lot aftermarket body kits require a lot of work but doesn't mean they never fit anything quite right

That's how you interpret what he says. I happen to agree with his comment, because i believe we are both thinking the comment refers to parts as they come - universal bits, unmodifed or altered in anyway. You can never get a universal part which is a 100% correct fitment for your car, otherwise it would be specifically sold for your car instead of universal. I would not agree his comment refers to the item after it has been modified to fit the vehicle.

Back