New back box and middle section exhaust - how much?

hi all,

my mrs has an extreme rattle on her exhaust, at first it was a little loud at stationary, thought it might just be at a certain frequency but now its rattling as if it's gonna fall off....

so she wants to get a new exhaust today, I dont think the outlet manifold needs replacing, just the middle section and the back box.

do you know how much I should be looking to pay please including fitting?

She's thinking of going to http://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/ here does anyone have experience of them? they're open on a Sunday and do look very cheap!

just to add, i've just rang that Formula 1 who want £85 for the mid section and back box, or £250 including the cat.

its a 1996 1.0 "Vibe" btw.

£85 is a good price for a cat back replacement. I doubt the cat would need replacing, so no need to spend £250.

Would be good to locate the source of the rattle though, just incase it's something simple like a loose heat shield.

Anyways, in my opinion that's not too bad for a cat back. Hope it solves the rattly exhaust :)

Low Rider said:
£85 is a good price for a cat back replacement. I doubt the cat would need replacing, so no need to spend £250.

Would be good to locate the source of the rattle though, just incase it's something simple like a loose heat shield.

Anyways, in my opinion that's not too bad for a cat back. Hope it solves the rattly exhaust :)

Just to update, it was the heat shield that was rattling, but once it was up on the ramp I noticed the back box and the pipe before the back box was completely rotten! loads of black rust and looked like it was going to fall off, so I had a middle section and back box anyway for £85 fitted. They put some clips on the heat shield as well to stop it rattling, might just take the heat shield off though if the problem comes back.

Back