Possible Exhausts?

T

thekore

Hi guys,

Sorry I havent been around much - starting the new job has kept me pretty busy. However, I am considering buying a backbox for my 93 K11 1.0L but to be honest I know nothing when it comes to exhausts.

I want something cheap, and probably not brand new. But what am I looking for in an exhaust... I only want the rear section (which im guessing is whats refered to as the backbox), and I dont want anything too loud. Something with a nice purr to it would be nice.

So want makes am I looking for etc... "Universal Backboxes" what are these? Will these fit onto the system?

Do I ever need to take on any cutting or grinding to get a fit or is it a case of bolt off-bolt on.

Any decent infor would be great :)

Cheers

I just put a Sportex rear box on mine, and that sounds pretty good - kinda deep tone to it, but not overly loud. That was about £90 new. It was also easy to fit, as it was designed for the K11. Second hand tho probably go for a better one such as a Janspeed, as higher quality etc. As for 'universal fit' exhausts, it is likely that you will need to cut bits off to fit them. Better to go for a box custom made for the car in my opinion - that way you are pretty much gauranteed a good fit.

jarthur05 said:
I just put a Sportex rear box on mine, and that sounds pretty good - kinda deep tone to it, but not overly loud. That was about £90 new. It was also easy to fit, as it was designed for the K11. Second hand tho probably go for a better one such as a Janspeed, as higher quality etc.

I really dont mind about quality lol - its sad I know but all im after is the look / sound. :D

jarthur05 said:
As for 'universal fit' exhausts, it is likely that you will need to cut bits off to fit them.

I thought as much - they are really cheap but probably silly un-installable shapes lol :p

jarthur05 said:
Better to go for a box custom made for the car in my opinion - that way you are pretty much gauranteed a good fit.

Thats what im after... bolt of the old one, bolt on the new one :) i'm not a great engineer.... woodwork yeah sure... metal and bonding... no :p

Back