Exhaust blow problems??

K

K11samurai

My Exhaust is leaking from the front box to the mid pipe, the car does seem to use quite a bit of juice but im not sure if its the way i drive or the exhaust.

Has anyone known of K11s to drink petrol when exhausts are losing back pressure??

im gonna take the exhaust off soon anyway, cos its neads cleaning up and resealing, and the fitting of a backbox.

also is it true that K11s have 2 CATS, ive always thought they had, even before i'd bought mine, but the machanic i was working with at the time has 30 years of experience and says that they only have 1.

A blowing exhaust will rob you of horsepower and raise your fuel consumption, most K11s had 2 cats, however some including imports only had the manifold cat.

Think your in the wrong section mate, this is for k10's.

I cant see a blowing zorst increase fuel consumpsion unless the hole is before the lamda sensor, if it is then the sensor is reading excessive oxygen so add more fuel into the engine, the extra fuel can damage your car so its best if you fix it asap.

Ryan.

I cant see a blowing zorst increase fuel consumpsion unless the hole is before the lamda sensor, if it is then the sensor is reading excessive oxygen so add more fuel into the engine, the extra fuel can damage your car so its best if you fix it asap.

Ryan.

as the car loses power because of the blowing exhaust, you tend to drive with a heavier foot therefore using more fuel.

Back