Safe To Drive?

Nissan have looked up a fault after the Engine Management Light came on and they say it is the Air Flow Meter. Te problem I've had is the EML was coming on around 10 miles after filling up with fuel and then going off with a 1/4 of a tank left. This was with the previous owner who changed the sparkplugs as he was told that could be the problem. After doing this he then filled up 5 tanks of fuel with no problem. The light then came on about a week after we brought it. Since taking it to Nissan the light has gone off again. Has anyone come across this problem this the light coming on and off like this?

I am going to try to clean the Air Flow Meter before changing it. Will it still be safe to drive the car before the Air Flow Meter is changed if this is the problem?

could be the plugs,coil pack engines use a different plug,old type fit ok but tend to burn out quickly due to the coil packs,this happened to mine,can bring up a fault code,in my case "to lean" , some people and even garages accidently fit the earlier type(as in my case),I use Bosch listed from about July 2000 and runs better,my air flow meter went faulty,just change the insert for about £40-50 off e-bay,you need a security torx tool for the bolts which have a central pin,dont get stung by nissan at over £500 for a complete TB,its a rip off,you can clean the meter with care as they can collect a bit of grime.

Back