Safe mode

not coming up to temp------thermostat,other cooling prob
batt weak not supplying enough juice to light up sysytem,ecu,,,etc
dodgy sensors
loom wiring done over like my old one that got swapped out
and ecu damage?????????????
pollyp caught some damp in his ecu,caused him problems
have had dodgy maf before. it effected smooth running rather than fuel efficiency in my case but gave egg smell

ours aint got a "safe mode" have they, and they usually allow 40mph ish surely, and you can disconnect your lambda and still drive the car eh karl (so i doubt if its that)

I would get a vid of it but it seems to have cured itself for the time being (and I'm drinking lol), when it was playing up it was acting in the same manner as when I forgot to plug in the maf when I changed tb's but that was instant this is every so often and normally doesn't go into safe mode

The best way I can describe it is as if it isn't getting enough fuel, but today was different like I said it was like when I forgot the maf

Well it hasn't done it again since yesterday, but now it's lacking in power..... Looks like I'm going to have to pull the damn car apart to find the problem

safe mode on the micra sets the engine to idle at a lower pase ie if a sensor has gone ie temp sensor engine sensor the engine will still run but you must get it fixed. Also say if the fan cut on and off switch went on the micra the fan will still work because its backed up by safe mode i bit like your home pc your car can run in safe mode so can your pc but in a less efficient way the ecu on a micra registers something not right. Then switches her over to safe mode did you check for error codes the plug is at the bottom of the fuse box in side

Its not safe mode. Its called 'limp home'.

Internal ECU Failure and MAF are about the only things that will force the ECU into limp. CTS failure will usually make it behave strangely but not enter limp.

Back