Limp Mode.

Dewgel

Buy & Sell Member
Ok, my car seems to have been running in Limp Mode recently because I've my mate's nacked the plug on one of the cables going into the throttle body, and my car's in limp mode now.

It runs fine, apart from not being able to go above 50mphish, or pull away very fast.

Will this be damaging my car at all, as I don't have time to fix it for a few days.. I won't be using car much but when I am I need it.

Anyone?

The ECU goes into limp mode to stop the engine damaging itself when it detects something is not right.

You'd want to get the problem fixed ASAP as the engine will not be running right, economy may be affected.

You SHOULD not do any damage to the engine whilst running like this but i'd use the car as little as possible until sorted.

i wouldnt be driving that mate!im sure there was a way if you use a paper clip on the ecu conecter box to change that?i could be wrong tho frank will tell ya he knows more about that sort of thing :D

dewgel

if there,s a broken wire on the tps of maf plug, the mixture could wildly out !
cant you cut-n-shut a plug from a scrappie ?

dewgel

if there,s a broken wire on the tps of maf plug, the mixture could wildly out !
cant you cut-n-shut a plug from a scrappie ?

Yes, but like I said I have no free time to fix for a couple of days, it's alright though I fixed it, realised there was just so much crap in the plug when I swapped my throttle body over it was all cloggy and wouldn't fit ; thought I'd bent the pins.

But it's ok now, although for the past week or so I've had absolutely terrible fuel economy, I thougth changing the Throttle Body would help but it hasn't.

Back