S/c Boost

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Ok So I got a manual boost controller out of that scrap st and decided to try and adjust the s/c on my car so I put it on hose 5 at that point,tightened up the bleed valve and took the car for a drive drove normal the same as before the valve was fitted.

So wound the adjuster out 2 full turns and drove the car,the Blitz DSBC recorded 1.87bar and a vaccum pipe popped of the inlet manifold.Did'nt feel much faster obviously because its not been fuel for that boost.all I'm lookin for is 1-1.1bar

I wonder if I relocted the bleed valve will it work better,I had to put ptfe tape on the threads of the valve as it was'nt really a tight fit and would probably open further with vibration

I marked where the valve is at point 5 and the where I think it would work better at point 19

vacuum-0001-2.gif

Off Topic But That Diagram Looks Way Too Confusing, Does It Reall Have To Be That Complex

fwn

@Smidge the rescrictor is still there

YES!! It worked I have 1.05bar stable boost,the bleed valve has been opened half turn,excellent!!

good work mate! wonder if its giving you any more go at all? or just heating up air? i only say cause the car will still boost to an indicated 14psi when the intercooler is leaking like a seive, there is pressure, just not much flow

I have run over 1.8 bar on stock intercooler... Nothing popped, but its wayyy undersized for this amount of boost.

good work mate! wonder if its giving you any more go at all? or just heating up air? i only say cause the car will still boost to an indicated 14psi when the intercooler is leaking like a seive, there is pressure, just not much flow

Small bit of difference but the fuel map might have to be changed slightly

Should be ok to be honest. It is only a tiny difference.

fuelling would need checking, but ignition will prob be ok with your nice FMIC.

Back