chip vs power boost valve

R

robbo

just been to a place called "J P autotechnics" in sheffield. i asked at reception bout a super chip for a 1.3 micra and he said their is no point for amount of money it is (£300) for chip, he said i am better off wi power boost valve and put it on rolling road which is 7bhp he said, which costs £180. any help appreciated
cheers robbo

emanage, that way you can also tune it to whatever modifications you add.
also you can set it to different stage settings.
then when and if you add the pbv at a later date that way it will be easily remapped to accomodate and give you yet more efficiancy

how much is emanage and is it hard to tune yourself are do you put it on rolling road each time

can do it yurself if you have the equipment and have the knowhow
dont think rolling road is needed tho :s

No danger that a boost valve will give you 7bhp. I've got one on mine, and don't even notice the diffrence.

ive got a pbv on mine and i couldnt notice the difference apart from it being a bit more responsive i dont think it adds bhp

With your car being standard I would not really do anything until you start to need extra control over the fuel. Given a starting point however i would go with the Emanage. TBH its not likely you will beable to map yourself, but it is about the most flexible mod that will mean from that point forward you will beable to get the most out of what ever it is you have. I think I have fitted and mapped about 6 of them now to various cars, so im pretty familiar with them.

its not standard tho ,,he has a janspeed 4-2-1,decat 2" pipe,k&n,,now hes looking for the next mod,like most people get stuk after doing these mods because it either 1.6 tb/cams/chip or piggy back,,and these cost too much for people to afford

if i was u robst ide go for a simular setup as titch with the ga16 stuff

In that case an Emanage could make some fair differences.

Ed

Back