RX7 Skoda

Apparently its a quality conversion too, no skimping :)

He didnt pay that price either, the winner didnt pay, so he got the second chance offer and is paying less than £1k!

Also, no flamer kit or anything, thats real ;). The exhaust setup is strange, but I guess it needs it in order to make the setup quiet enough and legal?

He's picking it up in a couple of weeks after its had a new mot, new 1y tax and brand new coilovers fitted :)

stunning car, i've been hankering after a rapid/estelle for a while, this it the ultimate :D

Retepetsir you friend is richardjn off retro rides? He was the last person that i heard to put an offer down on it.

Not yet, will take a couple of weeks for the seller to fit the new suspension, then get it taxed and mot'd.

Apparently the quality of the conversion is very good!

Has he mentioned anything about the exhaust? Like, is it staying that way... its the only turn off for me... :kungfu:

thekore said:
Has he mentioned anything about the exhaust? Like, is it staying that way... its the only turn off for me... :kungfu:

I believe its one of the only ways to get enough silencers in the exhaust......!

As the engine is obviously in the boot.

No idea if he'll change it though!

Update:

He was waiting for the chap to get the vehicle fit for an MOT and to tax it, this is what he has just said:

" Its aliiiiiiiiive!

(Ignore the arch clearance on the above pic, the engine wasnt in it when it was taken)
biggrin.gif

Its taken about £300 worth of parts, and some experts spending their evening working on it - and some fabrication of various bits, but it sailed through the MOT today.

So I can go collect it tomorrow evening!

Its going to be an interesting drive home - brand new wheels and tyres all round, so no burnouts on it yet, til I get hold of some manky tyres to do it with
biggrin.gif

So how long before I crash it?
biggrin.gif

More Pics once its home, cleaned, and I can start putting my own mark on it."

Mohahahahahahaaaaa

Nope, its a top quality conversion, every last detail has been thought of and looked at. I cant wait for a ride in it!

Retepetsir said:
Nope, its a top quality conversion, every last detail has been thought of and looked at. I cant wait for a ride in it!
yer looked good in the pic's!!! real pro job!!!

I have pictures :devil:......

skoda-002.jpg

skoda-004.jpg

sko5.jpg

He's trying to find late 90's fireblade exhaust and it needs to be pure stainless. The exhaust was apparently glowing red on his trip back round the M25, and hopefully a new exhaust will quieten it down as you can hear it from half a mile away :blush::laugh:

That exhaust looks rediculous!! Lol, bet it shifts tho and im sure is alot of fun

looking very very nice (frome the front)......are you planning to do any work on it?

like engine mods or just body work?

detox said:
looking very very nice (frome the front)......are you planning to do any work on it?

like engine mods or just body work?

its got an RX7 mazda engine fitted..i think thats enough work

RIK said:
its got an RX7 mazda engine fitted..i think thats enough work
no........that is silly!!! what is the point of putting in a bigger engine if you are not going to get power out of it!!! it will run powers that the normal engine can run but would not be very reliable!!!

why not? You got to remember it doesnt have valves and things, much less moving parts and things to go wrong. They do need rebuilds now and again though. That car probably isnt a daily driver though.

Update,

He's already broken it :suspect:

"Ooops
lol.gif

Nothing too serious, was giving it some stick out of a junction (having just seen a friend) and popped it out the splines - same problem I had when I collected it (I hope
biggrin.gif
).

Will jack it up and report back tomorrow
lol.gif

Didnt take long, did it! Drove it 60+ miles home, and break it driving 4 or 5 miles around here
biggrin.gif
"

He's going to be sorting out the interior first, as its bog standard and basically horrible.

Not sure what the other plans are, but I'll find out more info soon :)

Rik, cheers for that, I'll let him know!

New picture below:

Attachments

• newskodapics006.jpg
    newskodapics006.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 198
Back