Rusty Sills and Holes in the Floor << Need Advice plz?

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hey everyone

i just bought a little K11 Micra Super S 1994, :)k11motors) from a long way away from home (200miles approx) drove it back with badly corroded sills (rust at the back end of the sills) and the floor (under the back seat area) on both sides are rusted with large holes, im new to this so does this mean that that car is a scrappy? or can it be fixed.

The garage i go to told me to replace the sills with new ones approx £90 and he will repair the floors too by adding and weld large pieces of metal on top. is this safe? lose of stability? i really want to get this car up to scratch. I fell in love and bought it as a spares and repair car for about 200 quid so i really dont think i lost the money.

Im not sure what to do, if i can get it fully fixed professionally i would but where? Im based around the West Midlands (Coventry). Id like the best stabilty option if possible.

Thanks all :k11motors

i used to be a ford freek and the floorpans were forever rotting out of those the mot blokes used to say the best way is to cut out all the rust and weld a plate into the gap followed by rust treatment and underseal so it doesnt come back (which if you put a plate on the top it will very quickly)for the sills you can buy the proper panels and if its welded properly it will still be perfectly stable as your only patching the floorpan and not the chasis rails right? otherwise buy a good 1.0l and re shell the super s into the 1.0l

Back