Rusty rear end

New here but not new to the world of Micra's, this is my third one. Had this one nearly 3 years now and has cost less than £700 since I bought it (including purchase).

Its a good little car, done just over 88k miles but when I broke another Micra for parts to use on this, I noticed that the rear end is pretty much ****ed.

The rear lower panel where it meets the boot floor is goosed and so is the bumper reinforcement bar. The 2 chassis sections, where the tow bar attaches, look ok but in reality are totally beyond repair.

I know I can get a complete rear lower panel off ebay for £50 and could potentially fab up the rest but do youy guys think it would be worth doing?

IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG

I had another good look, everything is good except the rear panel, the bumper reinforcement bar and the 2 "chassis rails" where the tow bar is bolted on.

I did think about replacing the entire rear panel, since there's one on ebay for £50.
$_57 (8).JPG

I might just leave it as is and take it over to the airfield I rent. This is just a spare vehicle as I have 3 others.

Back