Rolling Road Result

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
well ive just got back from mini sport in padium and had my car on the rollers

before any of you go off on one about accuracy they use a MAHA test facility which has an accuracy of 2-3% and is an approved brand by audi/vw and can accuratly test up to 800bhp.

Here are the results. Take from them what you will but itl proves that the K11 with decent intake and exhaust can get 95bhp and above for all the people who didnt believe it.

Heres the offending micra
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/6453/Picture003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/6453/Picture004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/6453/Picture007.jpg

The guy there says my speedo its accurate at 111mph within 0.5 mph. Which is nice. He also says that that was a very impressive torque curve. Oh and my mixture is bang on aswell which is impressive since im running no cats.

i couldnt recomend there dyno facilities highly enough. The guy there has been mapping cars for 12 years and has just recently mapped a 500 bhp single turbo supra. Which is nice

Its nice to see some proper results you had the same problem as i had youve lost nearly 40bhp through drag it should be only about 15/20bhp loss,i lost 30.
4-Picture%20399.jpg

28-Picture%20400.jpg

bob has more torque aswell

but if i read that right the 40 bhp lost is after the flywheel?

maybe the size and weight of you alloys+tyre are what are causing it

nah bobs has got 110NM (roughly 82 ft lb) and mines got 90 ft lb (rouhgly 121 NM) yeah i must admit that the 40bhp loss did concern me a tad. ill be doing bits and pieces before it goes back on soon anyways so ill stick my old 13's on plus other stuff and well see what i get.

what was your torque curve like bob? mines relativly flat but i bet yours is better being an 8v

drag come more from silly thing like brake rubbing wheel bearing tracking even drive shafts.after mine was rollered the man told me that if i got my drag down by 10bhp you can add the 10 on the peak power up to 101@flywheel and say 67@wheels.

I'm always very critical of dyno graphs (even more so if they of my car).

First of all nice power, the improvments are clear, your yet more proof of how easy it is to get decent power from a CG13, next however for some reason they have lb and bhp on different scales which is very odd, BHP=torque at 5252 rpm and you would on all imperial scales (usually) see a cross in the bhp and torque lines at this point.

The power losses are unrealistic to the extreme, there is no way you will loose 39.5bhp from 104bhp at the flywheel!!

Power in 104bhp+power out 64.5 = 168.5/power in 104 = 62% efficient or 38% losses, when your more likely to be less than 15-20%.

Still none of this is your problem, and doesnt detract from the fact that you have a good power increase :)

Drivetrain loss on a micra is at a maximum 22bhp and at a minimum 18bhp. These are the set in stone figure that both Matt Humpfris (i think) and Peter Vaughen have told me, as they have tested the same engines on rigs and in cars

with my STANDARD MICRA on 13s i scored 64.8 bhp with a graph etc, lost it now but i tell the gospel truth no lie ... im shocked at this :O

glad u got it done tho :D :D

stephen xxx

Back