Deactivated Account
new engine bay pics

her are some new piccys of the engine bay

100_0440.jpg

100_0439.jpg

100_0438.jpg

and my new gauges
100_0441.jpg

next on the cards foe the bay is a heat sheild made from brushed alluminium (obviously gonna have to use fibreglass or accoustic carpet and sandwhich it between two plates) and some new ht leats coz a) these are not the best quality b) they look a bit minging

your leads are nissan ones and they are the best....if you replace them,get the same

edit:looks mint btw

is that proven that nissan leads are better? I got magnecor R-100's the expensive ones. red in colour. I havent had no problems at all with them.

i ordered cheap ones but they sent me the wrong ones by mistake. im not complaining but i dnt see any proof of thier badness.

there are much better leads on the market, Hot-wires for one.. (theyre £145 a set!!) and they come in whatever colour you like. there are also Magnecore, and even bosch 8mm leads.. the nissan ones are bearly 6mm. and if you want relyability on a tuned car your ganna need more than just OEparts... (plus blacks boring.)

why are they better then?.............dont tell me.you got better acceleration and it runs smoother.or is it cos they match the colour of your seat covers :D

Ian said:
on a mild tune N/A micra, leads dont play a part.

Exactly, even on a fairly tuned CG13 engine with a full Janspeed, the leads are going to make no difference at all. These 'performance' leads, yeah, make a difference in motorsports where racing is very tight. But on a road car, especially 100bhp at the most, it's pointless spending money on it. Think, you could almost buy the Janspeed manifold for a set of performance leads.

Just another example of marketing to a youth group.

on my new engine i will be purchasing new leads but thats gonna very highly tuned think ill will still get a new set for this but only coz these look a bit tatty and i want my engine bay to look nice

define highly tuned. Unless your getting a gas flowed head, upped compression and are going very high up in the rev range i don't see a point. Even then gains will be un noticable. Nissan leads work fine. If you want to go for coloured leads thats fine, but don't buy cheap ones. Just you'll be paying more then nissan ones for the same performance :s

on a very high performance engine, leads make a difference on paper, never notice it, unless you're racing in a set class, where you need it. It's not worth the money spent on them, at this level

Back