rocker cover

B

Bennai

how hard are these to remove,

i want to take mine off and paint it,
are there any issues with removing them.

I (well Ed) had nothing but problems getting mine off because the screws had seized on them. Get as much WD40 on to it as you can and let it soak. Only advice i can give. Be careful taking them off also, as the can chew very easily.

Very easy, as long as you are careful with the screws that hold it down, you will need to slacken them very progressively otherwise you can end up rounding the heads and then you will have to dremel them off and get new ones

is there any benefits doing it while engine is warm??? im gonna have to take mine off soon... oil will be hot tho...

ps can i just put a bag over the oil or do i have to drain engeine before i attempt this...

mean micra said:
is there any benefits doing it while engine is warm??? im gonna have to take mine off soon... oil will be hot tho...

ps can i just put a bag over the oil or do i have to drain engeine before i attempt this...

apart from getting burnt i cant really see any benefits

and you can put a bag over if u wish but no need to drain oil etc........

:)

It is best to leave it 20-30 minutes to allow most of the oil to drain back intothe sump, just watch for crap getting inside yourengine when you do it...

dont spray wd40 - it will make you more likely to slip and shear the head of the screw. Blunt ends are the way forward (enter sarcy comment here)

Back