Rocker cover

Mark

Ex. Club Member
I fitted my painted rocker cover onto my engine yesterday.

i think it looks really nice now. well worth doing,

I got a couple of cans of spray paint from the market and heres the results.

I'd recommend anyone to do it, the results are very good

Image002.jpg

Did you spray it on your engine?! Or did you paint the other bits seperately lol! I take it it is heat resisting paint that you have used yeh?

The rocker cover was obviously removed to spray it.

the engine is painted all red with engine paint from halfords but the rocker is just with a spray can,

the rocker doesnt need heat resistant paint as it never gets hot really

I take it uv never put your hand on your rocker cover after doing 40 odd miles of motorway driving in the warm weather then?! Show us a few pics in a few months and you will see what im talking about. My old rocker cover did the exact same, and it was sanded and primed and laquered properly but still cracked

Mark is right Daz, you don't need heat resistant paint.

Ed's cover is normal paint, as is Titches, Craigs and Mikes to name but a few :)

James.

Ed's (once was mine) isnt goin onto an engine tho is it its on a plaquard lol. Im speaking from experience when mine cracked without the heat resistant paint thats all

If you do the job properly (clean, prepare, multiple coats etc.) the cam cover, it will be fine with normal paint. It only gets warm in use. Put your hand on the bonnet of a black car on a sunny day, and it's about the same as the cam cover after hammering the engine.

I will get a rocker cover from the March ST next Month (only 20€ ;) )
Do you think, that it fits on the MA12 engine? I think the st rock cover is a littel bit higer than the normal

@ mark: I see you have a fan elbow union. Can you still buy it in england?
In germany there are only 4 fan elbow unions, and i have one ;) They was producet from the company called " Victor" !

Mark said:
I dont know what you mean by fan elbow union?

I mean a 4-2-1 downpipe, right after the egine

attachment.php

My dictonary said that the right word in england is fan elbow union in germany it is called "Fächerkrümmer" :)

The 4-2-1 was custom made, you should be able to find somewhere in germany which makes custom exhausts and who should be able to make you one.

a few more pictures

Image006.jpg

Image005.jpg

i have one :) They where producet in germany till 1994. Now you cant by some there. That is the reason why i asked you. Coustom made is very expensive in Germany ;D
But a friend of me is still searching one.
Do you know how many PS you get more ?
I have 9 PS morge power with the 4-2-1

ST Rockercover wont fit. It is much higher than the normal K10 ones. Also why make its something its not? Kind of like sticking a stuper turbo sticker on a 1.0 ls.

moxon said:
I will get a rocker cover from the March ST next Month (only 20€ ;) )
Do you think, that it fits on the MA12 engine? I think the st rock cover is a littel bit higer than the normal

@ mark: I see you have a fan elbow union. Can you still buy it in england?
In germany there are only 4 fan elbow unions, and i have one ;) They was producet from the company called " Victor" !

why dont you ask if he has the rest of the engine :)

No he hasn't.

We have only 3 St in germany, Only 1 drives usaually on the street.
The other 2 are Ralley cars.

So the Rocker cover is from one of that two :D

an he needs his egine :D

btw. It is not easy to make an MA09ERT in a MA12 Micra because we have the "TÜV" a organisation wich checks how secure is your car.

If you transplate the egine in a MA12 you must have bigger brakes a cage (oh i have one *gg*) an than 15 000€ for the TÜV, that they can check the modofications :D

Back