• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

johnsams's k11 micra

johnsams

MICRAPOWER!
Club Member
i thought it is about time i started a blog for the micra before its too late

to start of with, i bought the 1994 micra LX for £300 MOT'd at 115000 miles last october... as my first car

in november the clutch went dodo and had that changed, at only £150
since then i have just kept adding more stuff and spending more money! :)

i will add some pictures in a minute

:k11motors

At first i fitted a 50Wx4 JVC MP3 Head Unit and some pioneer 6x9s on the back

then realised the handling wasn't so nice so got some nova 14" alloys from the local dismantlers at £100
then the micra looked like this after a nice clean

54154793db37e57f6.jpg

Then i thought the interior needed doing so got some nice sat covers, mats, gear knob etc...
Fitted neons in the footwells, and some LEDs under the ashtray in the back
I then painted some of the interior and door cards black

Also my light didn't work so i went to maplin and bought some more LEDs and a push switch and made my own as shown in the image below....

54154794ac19caa56.jpg

then i felt the 6x9s needed some more kick, so got a fusion 12" pack and fitted it in no time, and now sounds great

54154794ac189d00d.jpg

the rear end also previously experienced some vandalism and had the nissan badge stolen off it...
so i debadged the rest, (glue was a nighmare, but with some patience and a good heat came off in the end) and covered up the holes from the nissan badge with a small carbon fibre effect strip

54154794ac19493ff.jpg

And thats it to date really

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my K&N induction kit, limo tint and caliper paint was supposed to be coming today...but it never arrived, i felt abit like a kid who just had xmas taken away from him...

but anyway, i though i'd put my time off to good use and wired a switch in the dashboard, from the back of the cigarette lighter, to tidy all my blue lights up.but i'm not sure what to think of it, looks very different, and was supposed to light up when switched on but i couldn't get that bit to work....
anyone know much about these kinda switches?
54154798d56f94ef7.jpg

and another pic of the micra, looking abit dirty these days.
54154798d570e0a67.jpg

yeah they wanted £150 for them but the tyres were quite worn and one of the alloys is abit kerbed, so got it down to £100...

i'm getting the new exhaust fitted tomorrow morning, hopefully. and with any luck they'll sort out the rattly heat shield too...

541547973ed133804.jpg

then to have:
K&N induction kit
limo tint on back windows
calipers and drums to be painted blue
Exhaust manifold to get fitted (current one has crack in)
Strut brace
New interior...
Lowered!!!!

any other suggestion or ideas on what else would be good for this one?

looking good, with those iluminated switches u will have 3 spades on the back, the top 2 are for + and - on the circuit and the other one has to be earthed or it would light up, they may be labeled down the side.

i like it, a bargain at 300 anyways!

thanks for your advice, makes more sense now, i'll have to wire that up later...

--------------
induction kit fitted this morning, sounds beasty!and club pack so stickers to go on soon...

54154799cdfbeac32.jpg

and makes it all look much better...

there was one tube from the bottom of the old air filter box (the real real little tube, not the 2nd one)...where is that supposed to go? should i get one of those mini-filters for it?

shes at a garage getting that backbox fitted now :D
so will post up some more pics of that later too if all goes well...

i have also got my window tint, and blue caliper paint! to go on some other time though

some nice progress going on there john. if its a little pipe about 3mm wide then if maybe a vacuum advance pipe. when the engines running if you put your finger over it does the engine revs change?

The tiny little tube (4mm thick ish ??) im pretty sure is just a breather and can from memory, just be left as is...(cable tied somewhere in the engine bay for example)...though i also cant remember 100% where it goes to on the engine.

yeah i've just left it, it really does nothing...

the new backbox sounds sweet...and looks loads better!
and so does that induction kit
5415479b8e0e445d6.jpg

i guess the next steps performance wise are handling so lowering and strut brace i reckon!?

uprated springs will make such a big diffrance! what pipe are you on about lol? theres a gearbox breather pipe..and on the prefacelifts theres a ting pipe that goes to the bottem of the air box that does nothing..(fuel econmaey??)

yeah it really does do nothing...

i was wondering how much does everyone think my car is worth??

Further work

Finished off the caliper painting earlier, painted the writing on the engine, rewired the neon switch, and ditched the tacky alu effect mats for some nice ones.

Photo-0151.jpg

Photo-0150.jpg

Photo-0152.jpg

TO COME:
should be buying these off of mambo and respraying them black...
100_0504.jpg

window tint when i get round to it

and hopefully some uprated springs fitted and the manifold sorted when i have more money...

any other thoughts?

cold air feed to the filter would be good progress as a filter straight on the TB doesnt do a lot. lookin good though (Y)

cold air feed to the filter would be good progress as a filter straight on the TB doesnt do a lot. lookin good though (Y)

yeah, the big black pipe on the left is my cold air feed, got moved a little bit when i was painting though :/

was thinking about taking the bottom from the original airbox and attatching it on the end of that hose to then put it behind the grille to maximise cold airflow.
good or bad idea?

thanks

Momo Steering Wheel

Fitted a new steering wheel earlier, but had to make another horn button as wiring wouldn't have worked....

541547de925c43a34.jpg

541547de925e8b2a9.jpg

(Y)

looking very good mate :D i have a crack in the manifold in exactly the same place lol, it must be a defect in the mold...

yep i'm coming to exeter next friday :)

and, nex, have you noticed any difference in power after getting the crack in your manifold?

forgot to say thanks to jimbling for the help and nick for the steering wheel.

any questions on how to fit it to a prefacelift please dont hesitate to PM me.

things coming up rather soon hopefully:
Interior:
a real good cleanup
a red flashing LED on dash
momo gearknob and pedals
Fixing the left door speaker connection and getting better door speakers
Exterior/Engine:
Sorting out paint
Repair on manifold
and a bloody good clean!

(Y)

so ya got the steering wheel sorted then mate where is the horn then the red button if i was closer i could have done it for ya glad to see its on though

and, nex, have you noticed any difference in power after getting the crack in your manifold?

(Y)

i got the car with a crack already there, the gearbox was knackered, so i changed the engine and box at the same time, didn't really get to try it out...

nah didn't get the bumpers in the end, better off getting a bodykit i reckon now.

but not for this micra, maybe my next k11! with low low low mileage hopefully!

so if anyone knows of one, gimme a shout!

Back