• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robo's K10

So this is now my third micra a nice little base spec 4 speed k10
Image0142_zpsbcc558d8.jpg

I haven't done much to it yet but;
Striped out all of the sound deadening
k11 1.0 front dampers with some k11 cut springs
k10 front springs cut in the rears
Polybushed rear damper mounts to the body, this pretty much stopped all the bouncing from the cut springs in the back. 90 shore D pretty strong stuff
K11 Sr alloys

Image0160_zps765ff2ef.jpg

Gonna try and fit most of k11 front suspension, brakes and steering rack but that will probably come in time.

Its got 80k and seems to have very little rust on it, 2 owners and guy before me had it since '94 so he must have looked after it, the interior is mint too

have fun with it :)

haha to much fun :)
was just out playing in the snow and gave the car to a ditch, no damage though
but i took my seat apart and cut away at the foam and re-enforced the bolsters, definatly holds you in place now. Didn't even move going down the ditch

micras are tanks, i totaled a corsa in my k11, didnt even dent the bumpers, even though

that poor k10, would hate to have a proper crash

But they are ramming the micra against a stationary object if your gonna get rammed at the lights or something the energy will push the car although still causing some/ a lot of damage no where near as that but if a car is in front of you it could be similar?

But they are ramming the micra against a stationary object if your gonna get rammed at the lights or something the energy will push the car although still causing some/ a lot of damage no where near as that but if a car is in front of you it could be similar?
The volvo is also using a ramp to get above bumper level too....but I'm lowered a fair bit which could take my bumper out of the equation. Obviously I have thought about the structural integrity of my vehicle before but to see it so graphically illustrated is something else entirely :(

The volvo is also using a ramp to get above bumper level too....but I'm lowered a fair bit which could take my bumper out of the equation. Obviously I have thought about the structural integrity of my vehicle before but to see it so graphically illustrated is something else entirely :(
Good excuse to get a roll cage and seam welded chassis! ;P

Back