right, really need help please guys?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
right remeber i had a crash? well the guy wants £450 to settle it and i think this wrong, on a j reg siera 2.0(1992) now, thing is he has scrapped the car whithout the insurance inspecting it, so there going by what he has said, now this car was a banger, owned by a 70+ man, now where do i stand? i thing £450 is far to OTT for this car, what shall i do? cheers guys!

had a quick look on loot - you can pick em up for about £300 - £350. He's probably trying it on, tell him you've had a look around and you can buy one for a lot less.

I'd probably offer him £250 and let him argue me up to £300.

If there's no insurance or anything official, why pay him anything? Its not like he can get the car back to be inspected if its been scrapped!

'but it was a old man and he was soo cool with it, "long as you are ok" bless him.'
He was obviously plotting this little money maker from the word go.

If he's scrapped the car then how can there be any proof as to the damage done ? I dont think the car was worth anything like that much, did it have tax and mot ? if so how much, if the mot was nearly out then would it have passed the next one ?
have a look in the auto trader and see what they're going for, show the guy and offer him what you think its worth, have a look here;
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WW...urce=1&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH
and why scrap the car without the insurance say so, something to hide perhaps?

Arnold said:
If there's no insurance or anything official, why pay him anything? Its not like he can get the car back to be inspected if its been scrapped!

well said if theres nothin to inspect then he hasnt got a leg to stand on its his word against yours unless he has pics of the car before it was scrapped then its his own fault for gettin rid of it.

He's definately trying to hide something. If he tries anythin else on, tell the police. He sounds well dodgy!!!

Good advice ems, if you go to police then it shows you're not trying to get out of it, can even contact the Citizens Advice Bureau to see where you stand legally

goldstar0011 said:
If he's scrapped "the evidence" of his car getting hit then what can he do? Offer him £100 as a good will gesture

thats what i done, offered him £130 to finish it and he wants £450! no way like!

Tell him he will get £150 quid (because it was your fault) and you wont give him anymore, £150 quid or nothing at all.
Does he know where you live?

It just sounds so dodgey. You could probably buy a car off ebay without tax or mot for 50 quid or something then deliberatly get into a situation where someone else is at fault for a crash..

Scrapping the evidence and asking that much is rediculous. As you were at fault, why didnt he go through the insurance? Is it because he didnt have any, or a roadworthy car? and now theres no evidence, he hasnt got a leg to stand on!

Just say, ive changed my mind - if you want to go through the insurance to get your money then please do so etc. He doesnt have the evidence, so he wont get anywhere!

why didnt it go through insurance ( i know you would get rapped but offer him 250-300 if he says no then threaten to take it through insurnace, they will laugh at him for scrapping it)

least the old sod has some sence, he now has a lovly little white k11 lol, arnold is right here as are you all, but if he is uninsured etc, why would he phone an insurance company? i think he is insured aswell,

well when me mam went ot see him yesterday, turns out he had nearly a years MOT and 4 new tyres, coincidence? am gonna go down n ask to look at some recipts here and a MOT cert n insurance cert, see what goes on!

hmm sounds dodgy. I thought you had the right to choose whether to go through insurance or not? If i were you say you want to go through insurance, if hes scrapped the car, its his problem.

No, sorry Layla; because mums are usualy more soft and if R05 needs to dig his heels in and say no to this "dodgy bloke" then he has to pass his mother first... and she will most likely give the game away to the "dodgy bloke" more so than he would.
Its not about *being a rebel and giving ~~~~ to adults* - its just about common sence and after all loose lips sink ships... and by informing his mother theres more lips in the equasion now.

me mam went down cos i woulda had hell on lol, and she has beter words than me, like im intimidated easy so if he says "well i think you should pay £400" id sorta agree, me mam would tell him strait lol!

She would be there for your safety too, if he is dodgy he could have threatened u to pay up if u were alone. Hope u get it sorted tho.

Seems weird he's got a new car so quick tho. Ask to see his insurance on the k11, coz if he was insured he'll prob still b with the same company. From this and his details, u could ring them up and find out if he was insured in the first place. Say it's related to an accident and they should tell u.

Make him crash into u, with his new car :D lol

really tho, i would go ring up his insurance, or seek some advive :) gd luck tho

Back