really need help! (insurance)

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
right i had a nok on the 7th of may. it turns out i wasnt insured from the 1st of may as due to complications/lack of communtication between me and the insurer. now,now my insurance (nig) sent me a letter asking for £364.82 for the rest of the years premium because of the accident (which happened 7 days after cover sizing, thus me not covered) now, churchill (other lads insurance) wants £350 for the claim. now,if i wasnt covered on the date of the accident, how can my insurer ask for the rest of the years policy and want's me to pay the £350? ill pay the £350 to chrchill to settle it.so thats thats £714 on a car worth about £150. so if any one understands this can you please help me as its got me stressed and my mam as its her that is paying 4 now as im skint, any help in helping me understand this mint!

the lass said " how can they pay out on a claim, if there was no insurance to claim off? churchill will ask you for the cash but nig cant ask for the rest of the years premium"

****plese dont give me jip about not being covered, i didnt no till today, im askin 4 advice not jip!!!

thanks alot guys!

should of been insured, lol only messing

ring your insurance explain to them that you wasnt insured when the accident happened, blame them not yourself, tell them to fire off and then sort it out with chruchhill

been on fone all day, "ring them, ring them, ohh now ring them back n say this" i was on the understanding that if a person wasnt insured, n they hit u, how could you claim on their insurance? i no not being insured is a bad thig, but do you think this could be a good thing for me?

why dont you just go to the person you crashed into and explain yourself, then offer the cash to settle the damages (i assume it was 350?)

then tell both insurance companys to sod off.

sorry to say this but you should have been much more careful. i driven around without tax and insurance before by accident but ever sinse i set reminders on the dates they both run out... u shud do something similar...

obviously you can ignore all that if your insurance cancelled your policy without telling you for a different reason....

good luck!

rlees85 said:
why dont you just go to the person you crashed into and explain yourself, then offer the cash to settle the damages (i assume it was 350?

tryed that, been told he is a greedy old lil sod!

well if you dont have insurance he cant claim from you anyway, i dont know why his trying to spite himself jus to get you in trouble.

if i were you id keep ringing him up every 5 minutes to get him to change his mind, if that doesnt happen you need to figure something out with the insurance companies and if you cant afford what they're wanting you might get banned from driving for abit

or cant you just pay churchill off and leave your insurance until you get some more money together?

im gonna walk down after 6 (waiting for "toby" to ring me from the insurance) this is so complex ive had to write stuff down on fone etc, im gonna walk down n see if i can give him a cheque for the amount n ask him to call insurance n tell them its sorted n ill sort it on my side! recon this will work ok if he agress?

yes just make sure you can get him to sort it, and definatly write a cheque so he cant take your money and then keep pushing the insurance.

thing im worried about is, he will take the money and still claim! so i need proof i gave him the cheque

unless i write him a one he cant cash, till i no he has told the insurance and they clear things up?

rlees85 said:
post-date it a week, and say if the insurance claim isnt dropped within a week, ill bounce the cheque.

it dont work 99% of the time as the cashiers dont check the date, i used to work at barclays and was told all this. a cheque from me would bounce anyways as i aint got the money in my account!

R05_Micra said:
it dont work 99% of the time as the cashiers dont check the date, i used to work at barclays and was told all this. a cheque from me would bounce anyways as i aint got the money in my account!

never knew that.. glad u said lol.

does the guy your dealing with seem like the kinda dickhead that wants to cause you un-nescery trouble or jus the kinda guy that wants this sorting?

To be fair, if somebody hit me that had no insurance I wouldn't take their cash at all, I'd go to the police and report them for driving without insurance, I pay in excess of £1000 per year for insurance and if somebody isn't paying it, I'll make sure they got the punishment for it.

What actually happened with it? Why weren't you insured? Did the insurance change something? What date did you pay the deposit?

To be totally honest, you're at fault here, not the insurance company, you shouldn't drive until you have confirmation of insurance.

but if he asked they should of done it, in my eyes dnt give the insurance anything an if the guy wont take the money uv done all u can.

tbh phil i agree with u totally! but i guess im abit selfish in a way that if some1 was offering me cash id rather just take it then go through a 2-month insurance knightmare just to teach someone a lesson.

danmicra said:
but if he asked they should of done it, in my eyes dnt give the insurance anything an if the guy wont take the money uv done all u can.

Not really, they're a company they can refuse you for whatever reason they please, if they didn't confirm it, then you are NOT insured.

no i was covered from the 27th march, cover ended on the 1st may, i payed on the 30th april so i dont no wot happened! i asked em on fone n they said because they had no prrof of no claims from me (was on dads insurance)

no they wanted proof of my dads no claims, i went n offered the guy the cash but he went thru insurance witch is the last thing i wanted! honest phil, the amount of stress thats comes with a claim, youde take the cash/amount to fix car, they ,make £millions a year and will do out to not pay you! insurance is the biggest con in the world!

Alienfish360 said:
To be fair, if somebody hit me that had no insurance I wouldn't take their cash at all, I'd go to the police and report them for driving without insurance, I pay in excess of £1000 per year for insurance and if somebody isn't paying it, I'll make sure they got the punishment for it.

how is this helpfull at all? he already said he was asking for advice not jip. I agree that people mellisciously driving without insurance is wrong and people should be punished or someone who is careless and doesnt check but he already said he didnt know about it. reverse the situation, would you want the same treatment that your insinuating that the other party takes. Of course you wouldnt. This is why a lot of people dont post stuff like this becuase some people are too busy trying to portray a persona of themselves they dont actually post what they think, they only say stuff that they think other people like to hear. Of course theyre are exceptions and it is only a small minority.

To be honest i would find out excatly why you want covered and try not to let it happen in future. i think you have done all you can and maybe your gonna have to just bite the bullet.

Well that was posted before he mentioned he'd paid for a renewal before that date, the insurance company is at fault in that case.

And, I still stand by what I say, my sisters car was hit by an un-insured driver, and all she gets is £2 per month off them because they can't afford much, till the price of a wrote off BMW is paid for.

Un-insured drivers should get a harsher penalty, but that's a different issue

well i got it sorted, down from £800 to £350, they tryed to give me a £52 garage fee, but i got away with that! cheres for everything guys!

I would go on the back foot and approach it in a apologetic way as it is you who is uninsured and crashed into him.

The police could arrest you for it so keeping things between you and him sweet can only help.

If you give him a cheque make him write you a receipt stating payment in full for damages caused to his vehicle with reg number.

Also check what your insurance policy says as most claim they will automatically renew if you don't contact them and you could claim that as no notice was given by the insurer that they had not given the 1 month notice required by a rolling contract.

Good luck!

Back