Revs not dropping on gearchange

It happens if I'm accelerating hard between gearchanges: Drop the clutch and the revs take about a second before they start to drop. Is it a problem with the Throttle cable, the butterfly in the TB, or the TPS?
Car is a 2001 Coilpack engine 1.0, as you may have guessed ;) Please help!

Clutch not biting properly. Check there is slack in the clutch cable. If not, slacken it and see if that helps. If not, new clutch am afraid.

I'm planning for a new clutch before summer already. It also does it when it's not in gear: Give it a bootfull and the revs are slow to return to tickover.

When you say drop the clutch do you mean disengage? To me dropping the clutch is what you do when you want wheelspin :p confusion haha

perhaps sticky dirty slow-reacting or mis-calibrated Idle Control Valve and/or stuck fast idle waxstat mechanism?

c725uz-206-jpg.30685

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-19#post-446256

Our coilpack van has the same thing. It's not major thing, just on quick gearchanges it's a bit 'jerky' rather than smooth. Probably just a dirty tb, although i've never looked into it.

I have the same issue high idle when started but continues once warm then when release clutch it Judders because of high revs how do I fix this ? Sorry for the hijack

Dam man that sucks , my shifts are sometimes really hard but other times smooth as do you happen to know why dude ? Like any advice ?

Back