Low Idle revs

CMF_steelowl

» CMF Member
Hi all.
New micra owner here.
Ive bought a 2001 K11 micra. got 14000 genuine miles on it.

All iv done to it so far is had to adjust the clutch as there was alot of slack in it.

Now, once the engine has warmed up (perfect when cold) once its done a couple of miles, come to lights and stop, engine dies down, revs drop very very low (now sure how low as no rev meter fitted) car starts to shake and wants to stall. i have stalled it once or twice just about to set off. for about 4 or 5 secs itll drop really low then next 4 or 5 secs revs will build up and be ok, then again drop and rise.

Ive done approx 80 miles this week and used 1/4 tank.
its a 1.0 litre engine.

Iv read on internet forums it could be a number of things:
- throttle body
- hole in intake pipe
- soldering?
- air flow meter
- fuel filter

Just after somebody who has had this problem before and knows exactly what part i need, if i need and special tools.

Thanks for helping.

CMF_steelowl

» CMF Member
not sure if anybody has adjusted idle when cold.

it runs perfect while engine is cold, when its warm and im moving its fine, just when its warm and stood still revs drop.

Iv looked at the soldering guide on here and bought the degreaser and silicone however, the plate is not there, just the throttle body and at the left hand side its got a 5 pin plug for AFM and then the AFM is attatched derectly onto throttle body with 2 security torx bolts.

the throttle cable is slack when engine is off...? not sure if this is anything ?

Back