1.0 16v revs on its own!

Hello everyone.

I bought a 1999 s reg 1.0 16v ally edition thinking it would be a cheap reliable first car for the mrs, but it deleloped a problem after only a couple of months.

When you put the clutch in to change gear, or stop at traffic lights the revs go up and down on there own, quite embarising :laugh:

Iv tried cleaning the idle control valve, spraying carb cleaner through the throttle body, adjusting the idle screw and even atempted the throttle body re soldering trick but the problem hasnt changed

Any other suggestions please

I know when I forgot to connect my vacuum line (inlet mani to brake booster) the engine went bonkers shaking the car and everything :eek: :blush:.

The breather at the front right of the air box went back on as i remember moving the hose clip back into place. Would i have disturbed any others when i pulled the airbox off?

The breather at the front right of the air box went back on as i remember moving the hose clip back into place. Would i have disturbed any others when i pulled the airbox off?

the ones on the airbox wont affect the idle keith, there are 4 full vacuum pipes on the manifold which will iirc (2 below the back of the t/b, and 2 under the mani

ive had it before where the engine temperature controller was faulty causing the engine to rev on its own because it thought the car was cold

Sorry to be a thread jacker but
My gfs insipiration is doing this now!! It just picks up and drops when you pull up at a junction. plus the other day the temp guage juat sky rocketed into the red zone?
Cant see any faulty hoses, could it be the engine temp controller or the temprature sensors???
Please help she thinks its gonna blow up again!!! And in all fairness im not to happy to be in it at the moment!!!
Also the engine check or management light cones on every so often?

Starting get worried about this car now

change the ignition switch they wear out.
idle valve maybe clogging up. and yes sensors are worth checking with meter.
done the soldering on the maf?
theirs a idling heat element that siezes on the throttlebody-thermowax?

Back