reving

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
when i blip(very quickly) the accelerater pedal i get a wobble before the revs go up
this is from when the cars idling not continous reving
also the matrix is making bubling noises when i switch off the car,i have just flushed it and it wasnt clear.
it wasnt letting water through it from the hose pipe----like it was shut,,pollyp had told me that the valve could be shut-but i am getting hot/cold when turning the tempreture dial and can hear the the thing

maybe a worn engine mount letting the block move around too much expecially blipping from idle?

check for headgasket leakage cos when i sold pollymobile 1 its heater also bubbled after turning off.

seemed it started off as a tiny leak into the cooling system. when the engines off the coolant flow halts allowing the bubbles to rise therefore the noise you hear. then somehow something caused the thermostat to seize shut n overheat the engine which crushed the headgasket n so more gas pushed coolant out the tank leading to constant overheating.

remove the rad cap then start the cold engine. give a few blips and watch for any bubbles during each rev

oh ohhh:eek: gasket might be on its way out. better get someone to check if the bubbles in the coolant are from the cylinders. is yes then it could be time to replace the headgasket or engine

A stutter on a quick prod of the accelerator usually suggests the timing is out but your other symptoms do suggest the maybe the head gasket is leaking which will have an effect. Do a compression test or as suggested a sniff test on the coolant to confirm and if it is the head gasket get that sorted and then see how the stutter is - if it's still there then the timing would be my first check.

Iain

thanks
erm? today the bubling has disapeared and heater has become slightly hotter
but i am sure it is the probs youguys have mentioned.oh well mot in the next few days

i would hazard a guess that the bubbling has stopped because all the air in the system is finally escaped (from when you flushed it) likewise the heater improvement
and if the temp is normal just drive it and stop worrying :grinning:

i realy like driving this 1.3 k11 and with the newer 1.0 box its great and goes into first whilst moving quite well(back to the 1.3 box soon)
noticed it bubling very slightly passed two days (heater much better)and mot monday or earlyer to give me that "fix it chance" while it still has a few days THANKS for all the advice above -used to talk to myself bout these things before joining here- since 2004,but erm when i get probs with the k11 i never have bad feeling towards him, only towards the problem itself

Back