rev gauge

lee200

Ex. Club Member
ive got a rev gauge i wanna fit in ma k11 but it says to wire it to the distributer! but i havnt got 1 where do i wirer it to or is the rev gauge usless? where can i find a rev feed!

What do you need a rev gauge for? :grinning: I quite like the moment when the music goes quiet and I suddenly realise it's screaming away in 3rd at 70mph :laugh:

Is its technical name a tachometer?

Yes it is called a tachometer, control freaks like us men like to know what the cars doing at all times ;).

Blue wire on distributor, see those four leads going into the top of your engine, they all come from the distributor.

see those four leads going into the top of your engine, they all come from the distributor.

ht leads ;), it is abit of a bastid to fit a rev counter! well getting the wire to the engine bay from the interior. wiring is quite simple...if you know what your doing that is :p

ht leads ;), it is abit of a bastid to fit a rev counter! well getting the wire to the engine bay from the interior. wiring is quite simple...if you know what your doing that is :p

Yeah, but if someone doesn't think they have a distributor i doubt they know what HT keads are, no point speaking in acronymns!
Running a wire from the interior is easy, theres rubber grommet on the right hand side of the engine bay (if your looking towards the windscreen) take this out and you can poke a wire through the firewall.

help rev counter fitting

i no this is old thread but no1 answered the question. i have k11 1999 1.0 wiv coilpacks, my rev counter / tacho is 99% fitted, jus need to hook up the signal cable but don't know wear to connect it to?

can any1 help me plz

thanks chris

Seriously? no ones gonna help him?

Okay dude the thing is not many people have done it with coil packs. Youll just have to find the haynes manual, or search THE REST of the internet for the ECU rpm signal wire colour.

Back