rev counter

S

smurfman

hi guys,

I've got a 1.0 S reg micra and would love a rev counter on it... I know you can fit the dials from a SR (?) micra that has the rev counter on the dash but i hear their like golddust and i dont like the idea of the odometer etc bein off.

So my question is, how easy is it to fit a seperate rev counter? do they plug into a feed in the dash or do i have to go fitting stuff to the engine etc?

cheers,
Lee

if you use search you'll find out, been covered hundreds of times.

but the quick answer to your question is you'll probs have to do some wiring into the engine bay.

cheers mate, dunno why i didn't search before,

so ill just need to splice into the blue wire in the distributer? i can probalby handle that much i think...

cheers.
lee

If you're replacing the 1.0 dash with a 1.3 dash with a tacho it should plug straight in and work. K11 old style dash's do anyway.

If you're fitting a seperate tacho then the wires can be spliced into from within the car.

not at many of the early 1.0 k11 have the rpm wire in the loom or even connected to the ecu socket.

r05_micra, i dont have permission to access (dont have the funds to get membership yet... )all my planned stuff is for when i start placement in july so thats when ill be signing up. Im in notts at the min, moving to hertfordshire though.

@ the other guys, how can i check if theres a wire to my dash to splice into?

look for a blue/black wire on your instrument sockets if its not there then look to see if its in your ecu socket. if not then you will have to put your own wire in to the correct pin someone else can tell you which one i have forgotten. or possibly to the dizzy.

1.0l twister (s reg)

k11 diy? im guessing i have to be a paid member for that? ill check it out in a coupla months when im joined

Back