upgrade to a cluster with a rev gauge?

Hi. I have a 1997 1000cc K11 super jive. Car is super basic and has no extras. The cluster that is in my car right now doesnt have a rev gauge (but has a clock). I got a cluster with a rev gauge from an earlier K11 (probably 1993-1994) and i plugged it in my K11. Everything works, except for the rev gauge itself and the clock. Is it possible that the rev gauge unit is bad, or its the wiring of the car that doesnt support the RPM signal?

cluster i have in my car right now:
nissan-micra-k11-3.jpg

cluster i got from the junkyard:
1223200081544885618.jpg

IIRC some cars that were not fitted with a tacho from factory don't have the correct signal wire in the loom, so you need to add it to yourself. The easiest place is probably at the ECU which lives buried in the centre console below the radio. The service manual for the K11 is quite easily available from the Internet and contains really good wiring diagrams.

Im just doing this swap too. DIGITAL VERSION SPEEDO, facelift 2002 tempest.
But i need to change milage as new rev cluster is about 40k miles more than my milage.
Anyone know about swapping eeprom over from one to the other, or changing milage?
Also does that chip effect NATS system?
Thanks.

Im just doing this swap too. DIGITAL VERSION SPEEDO, facelift 2002 tempest.
But i need to change milage as new rev cluster is about 40k miles more than my milage.
Anyone know about swapping eeprom over from one to the other, or changing milage?
Also does that chip effect NATS system?
Thanks.
Ive made a guide for programming the milage once and posted it here. I cant find it anymore so ask the admins where it went.
The cluster doesnt have anything to do with nats. So you can just swap the cluster

Ive made a guide for programming the milage once and posted it here. I cant find it anymore so ask the admins where it went.
The cluster doesnt have anything to do with nats. So you can just swap the cluster
Ok maarten, thank you.
I saw a guide for changing milage on an analogue clock, but cant find one for the digital eeprom type. Im running eith the new clock in now, will figure out how to put correct milage on it soon, or just swap the eprom chips over.

Back