Rev Counter Help!!!

Right then. I got an instrument cluster with a rev counter in for cheap of ebay, I thought it would just be a straight swap for my standard one.

When I recieved it yesterday I went straight ahead and fitted it. during the process I noticed a few of the bulbs on the back were in different places and the card is a slightly different layout, no AIRBAG light for example. Then I noticed that the speedo unit must be from an AUTO as there is a NCVT light! (this wasn't mentioned in the ad).

Any way I thought I would give it a go, so pluged it all in and most of the lights come on and go out as they should! I didn't get a chance to see if the speedo works as the car was blocked in the garage by 4 others and I could be arsed to move them around!

The only thing that didn't work was the rev counter:( (the only reason I wanted it in the first place). Is this because of a different signal used from an auto to a manual car? Is there a way in which it can be fixed/made to work?

if not ill put the original back in and stick this one on ebay!!

Cheers for your help

Matt

there are a few threads about the absent tacho wire matt, and i went back to a non tacho cluster because i value the airbag more than the tacho (different airbag wiring/bulbs like yours)

there are a few threads about the absent tacho wire matt, and i went back to a non tacho cluster because i value the airbag more than the tacho (different airbag wiring/bulbs like yours)

Nice one found it after a bit more searching. Wasn't searching for wiring earlier. Will try this at the weekend.

Back