Rev counter for k11

M

mp_27

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie to the forum, and was wondering if anyone could help me.

i'm the proud owner of a 2000 998c profile k11 model and have recently purchased a 'fast and furious' brand rev counter (i got it because i liked the fact you could change the display 7 different colours:laugh: ) however when i came to fit it i could find no obvious connections, and neither could any1 else who had a look around it. Are there any special mods that i need to make/buy in order to get it to work?

cheers

You will likely need to hand-wire it into the ECU, or find someone that can do it for you, you'll need pinouts for the engine ECU and a description of what each wire does on the rev-counter - beware that if it is an eBay F&F style counter it may not be the last word in accuracy - but is better than nothing at all :D

lol ... so as I said, wire it up NEATLY at the ECU end :) Use the rev-counter output from the ECU that would normally drive the stock tacho.

what about fitting a stock tacho??? sorry for stealing thread:( how would i get a rev counter wired up to my k11 with a tacho from a k11 that had a rev counter??

Broony said:
what about fitting a stock tacho??? sorry for stealing thread:( how would i get a rev counter wired up to my k11 with a tacho from a k11 that had a rev counter??

Pre or Post 2000 model??

micracharge said:
I think I read somewhere that the binacle from the tacho cars just plugs right in - can someone confirmmmmmmmm???

It virtually plugs straight in, you may need to run 1 wire into the dizzy!!! If it's a pre 2000 model!!!

mean micra said:
well those loads of old threasd on this subject that cover everything...

But basically: with ref to what Micracharge already stated...

with dizzy: wire to blue wire on top of dizzy or Tacho output on the ECU...
w/out dizzy: wire to tacho output...

here---->http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=3736&highlight=counter

My K11 is distributor based and the supers cluster plugged straight in, no wiring needed. Don't see why the looms would be different between tacho and non tacho models.

On the post 2000 (bosch motronic) just off the main plug that the ecu connects to, there are two smaller plugs that join the ECU to the car (and to the dashboard) there is an 8 pin plug and a 16 pin plug:

Your only interested in the 16 pin plug:

Graphic1.jpg

The image above is looking at the back of the plug, i.e. the side that goes to the ECU there are 4 wires missing in the area shown, and the top right hand pin is the RPM wire. If my notes I have here are right it will most probably be blue/black.

Ed

Thats a pre-2000 ECCS ecu pinout you have there.
If the colours are the same its co-incidence since renault designed the post 2000 ecu electronics.

Another thing that the post 2000 ecu outputs a normal 2pulse/cycle so all normal rev counters will still work.

Back