Respraying the inside of your headlights

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Is it possible to respray the inside rim of the facelift headlights? I've seen this done on many pre-facelifts, and tried to do mine earlier today - but I couldn't find any way of prising apart the headlight, and was worried about breaking it.

Any tips?

if you heat them up too much (like i did) the plastic will melt too, if you don't heat them enough (like i did) then the glass will crack when you try and lift it out with a screwdriver! you need to just warm it up until the glue is about as soft as chewing gum, it will still need a lot of force to lift it out, but if you don't heat it at all you will just break the glass or plastic

All done (Y). Although I did what you did on one of them Nex, and managed to melt the plastic on one side. Nothing a bit of silicone sealant won't solve :laugh:. Glad I didn't break the glass though, that could have been expensive. Pics will be up on my blog in the morning :grinning:. Cheers for the advice lads (Y)

All done (Y). Although I did what you did on one of them Nex, and managed to melt the plastic on one side. Nothing a bit of silicone sealant won't solve :laugh:. Glad I didn't break the glass though, that could have been expensive. Pics will be up on my blog in the morning :grinning:. Cheers for the advice lads (Y)

well done! yea the plastic does melt but actually if you have a small, focused heat gun you can just bend it straight back. but i bet you noticed how strong the glue is, it could break the glass!

do some research on sealants, i used silicone once (clear stuff) and it just dried out and fell off, i used some black stuff that i cant remember the name of and it is like the worlds most strongest bond ever, nothing will ever get through it!

Back