Surviving the great insect invasion of 2010.

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
So about a week ago my mate and I jumped into my micra to head home and he noticed a bunch of ants on the door sill. No biggie I thought and killed them.

Next day I get in my car at 6am and bleary-eyed I notice something moving. More bloody ants! This time they were in my dash vent and the door sills and the boot (In around the sub boxes) I raced inside and grabbed some raid and vigorously sprayed them. Dead.

Driving along I had a thought and opened my glovebox full of lollypops. Alas, it was full of the crawling bastards and I'd left the raid at home, I slammed the glovebox shut to keep the damned things in. I arrived at my friends place and grabbed a can of deodorant I keep in the glove box and wiped the ants off outside the car. Armed with this can I sprayed the ants till they froze and died. I removed the lollypops and after inspecting them to see if they had ants on them I threw them into a bag on the back seat and set off.

Today, about 3 days later I get out of the car and go around to get my stuff out of the backseat and find... ANTS! They'd set up shop on my back seat and started a colony as there were a heap of what I believe to be larvae.
Right, that was it. I threw everything out of the car and used about 1/2 a can of raid killing those bastards. I couldn't find the vacuum so I used compressed air and blew them all out of my car. Looking for where they could have come from I looked into the lollypop bag and sure enough there were ants in the damn thing... Further inspection revealed the tricky bastards had been going up inside the hollow stick to eat the lollypops from the inside out and this was why I had missed them the first time.

Hopefully now I am ant free but only time will tell.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Bloody ants get into everything. I have a running battle with them ever year with them ruining my pavers and they seem to laugh at the ant powder and spray I use to try and kill them.

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Yeah, they are bastards to get rid of aye. Asdame, I think I'll spray a bunch of deodorant around to cover the raid smell :p And I bloody hope they aren't mutant immortal ants. Though that would probably make me some money somehow

Back