changing/converting k11 facelift headlights

i got myself some led lights for the back and was thinking to get some better looking headlights as well, but there doesn't seem to be much around for micras :(

i noticed the sticky at the top of this board about crystal headlights and people saying that they are not worth buying cos they'll fail the MOT.

what i wanted to know is which lights that sticky was referring to i.e, is it for facelift, pre-facelift or both?

also i found this link in the same thread:

http://depoautolights.com/headlight....html?osCsid=d4440bea159dd9dd44e61f1bab40958b

putting the horrendous prices aside, i quite liked the look of the projector headlights (2nd one on the top row) and was just wondering:

1) since they are said to be e-mark does that mean they'll pass a UK MOT?
2) will it make a difference if i have the clear or black lights and will this effect an MOT?

i tried searching for this info but apart from the sticky nothing else really came up

thanks for any help/advice you can give :)

with an e-mark you shouldn't really have a problem unless someone on here knows otherwise so many people (saxo owners) have gone for this style of headlight and it doesnt seem to bother the law also some extra info:
"E" Mark

The "E" mark is based on ECE regulations issued by the Economic Commission for Europe, which is based in Geneva. It is an organizational part of the UN and the members are EU countries and many others. Therefore, the acceptance of approved components is much broader, especially in the eastern part of Europe. It is necessary to confirm whether a particular country has accepted (signed) the application of an ECE-regulation; as the application it is not mandatory for the countries.
6370.gif

E1 - Germany
E2 - France
E3 - Italy
E4 - Netherlands
E5 - Sweden
E6 - Belgium
E7 - Hungary
E8 - Czech Republic
E9 - Spain
E10 - Yugoslavia
E11 - United Kingdom
E12 - Austria
E13 - Luxembourg
E14 - Switzerland
E16 - Norway
E17 - Finland
E18 - Denmark
E19 - Romania
E20 - Poland
E21 - Portugal
E22 - Russian Federation
E23 - Greece
E24 - Ireland
E25 - Croatia
E26 - Slovenia
E27 - Slovakia
E28 - Belarus
E29 - Estonia
E31 - Bosnia and Herzegovina
E32 - Latvia
E34 - Bulgaria
E37 - Turkey
E40 - The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
E42 - European Community
E43 - Japan
The "e" mark is the proof of compliance with directives (laws) required by the European Union. The Council of European communities in Brussels issues these directives and all members must accept approved products.
6374.gif

e1 - Germany
e2 - France
e3 - Italy
e4 - Netherlands
e5 - Sweden
e6 - Belgium
e9 - Spain
e11 - United Kingdom
e12 - Austria
e13 - Luxembourg
e17 - Finland
e18 - Denmark
e21 - Portugal
e23 - Greece
eIRL - Ireland

:Credit goes to google,
found these for example and they claim they are road legal: Click Here

good luck! (Y)

has anyone had any experience with projector style headlights on their micras?

its a shame i can't find them anywhere on ebay cos that link in my last post is waaay too expensive

So I guess that means that they would need to be E-Marked - with E11, because everybody else in europe drives on the other side of the road, so just being generally EU compliant may not nessasarily mean that they are ok to use in the uk because the beam pattern will be totally wrong.

So I guess that means that they would need to be E-Marked - with E11, because everybody else in europe drives on the other side of the road, so just being generally EU compliant may not nessasarily mean that they are ok to use in the uk because the beam pattern will be totally wrong.
im guessing so mark and unfortunately there is no real options for the k10 :(

Back